• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT pops - Week 9

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
Just 1 for me today, a couple of weeks earlier than expected. Bowling training has now finished, so the poor sod is on double Stamina for the rest of the season, which should see him to Proficient

Delroy Middleton (440539)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, superb bowling form, fresh fitness.
A destructive player with feeble leadership skills and competent experience.

Plays For: BATTY SHRIMPERS
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 86,053 (+1279)
Wages: £27,929 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: remarkable Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: competent

Bryan Barrowdale - 24 yo, BT Rating=103,399
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, strong batting form, proficient bowling form, energetic fitness.
A defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and proficient experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful Concentration: superb
Bowling: sensational Consistency: masterful
Fielding: strong

Allan Warlock - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,873
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, woeful bowling form, invigorated fitness.
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent
Fielding: worthless

Bryan Barrowdale - 24 yo, BT Rating=103,399
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, strong batting form, proficient bowling form, energetic fitness.
A defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and proficient experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful Concentration: superb
Bowling: sensational Consistency: masterful

Allan Warlock - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,873
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, woeful bowling form, invigorated fitness.
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent
Fielding: worthless

How much longer are you going to train Barrowdale for?

Warlock looks a nice trainee. Fast bowlers seem to be more valuable. I'm not sure whether this is justified or not, as I've got 3 of them and try and play on pitches to suit them as much as possible.

I'll stop Barrowdale at exquisite.

I think (rather obviously) that Fast bowlers are more valuable as they are more likely to take wickets compared to other bowling types with the same level. The slower the bowler the more economical they are but less likely to take wickets.

I'll stop Barrowdale at exquisite.

I think (rather obviously) that Fast bowlers are more valuable as they are more likely to take wickets compared to other bowling types with the same level. The slower the bowler the more economical they are but less likely to take wickets.

Is that true on all pitches though?

I haven't enough experience on dusty and slow pitches to be certain.

Hoping for the primary pop next week.

James*Sutherland - 23 yo, BT Rating=98,483
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
An*attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and competent experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: sensational

Graham Caulfield - 18 yo, BT Rating=13,519
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fair fitness.
A steady player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: competent Consistency: proficient
Fielding: woeful

I have him on 1x stamina, bowling and fielding but thinking of switching one or two nets on player below (currently on 1x bowl only).

Brian Blinkhorn - 19 yo, BT Rating=16,564
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, mediocre bowling form, fresh fitness.
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Bowling: quality Consistency: proficient
Fielding: woeful

Looking maybe to switch fielding from Caulfied to Blinkers and can reassign stamina elsewhere but looking at the rest of the trainees my all rounder is already on 3 nets and the 3 batsmen have no stamina issues atm.

No need to train fielding on Caulfield, his consistency is way ahead of his primary.

If you're serious about training Caulfield long term I'd get him to at least proficient stamina, though personally as he's 18 and only at competent I'd probably sell him at next primary pop and get a 17yo.

17. Barry Barnes - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,567
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A cautious player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: respectable Concentration: woeful
Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: abysmal

only really training his bowling as i had nobody else worthy of the net, but he's a nice option as an extra bowler in FC, esp as he's on a fielding net too.

20. Eddie Jones - 18 yo, BT Rating=10,236
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
An attacking player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: woeful Concentration: competent
Bowling: proficient Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

due cons and fielding pops soon and bowling around the end of the season, will be leading the seam attack next year.

Back