• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT - Season 9 wages and 1st round Cup Draw

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
Wages up from 67,223 to 96,757, so not too bad.

Drawn at home to a Level VI bot in the Cup :D

Mrs BB's wages up from 53,102 to 83,606, and she's been drawn away to a Level VI bot

£126,783 to £161,632. Ouch. Much of that is Suthers and Richie.

I appear to have a bye in the cup which is a bummer as it means I have no game at all this week so could suffer form hits.

Wages up to £189,041 from about £160,000.

I've the lowest wage bill in my first class. I've got to try and work out the optimum wage, because I think my opponents will have to sell.

Thommos have an unsustainable wage bill of approx £475,000, but have listed already Hay, who costs £167,000 a week, for £16m. Whether he can find anyone willing to pay that much must be questionable.

Big Hitters' wage-bill of £210,000 looks fairly sustainable, but Scaly Piscine's wage bill of £285,000 may be pushing it.

Having been predicting that wages would soon become a problem and see a glut of (relatively) cheap top-end players become available, I'm a little annoyed with myself that I'm not in the financial position to take advantage.

I've got a nice easy VI team.

When are the league fixtures going to be published?

I'll add up the wage hike when I get home - which given the trains tonight could be god knows when.

Have a D6 bot which will give me some welcome cash -

Now just about to do a full investment from scratch into YA - a shame as I was within a whisker of reaching the magic 80K interest but hopefully I'll recoup that with an earth shattering YP tomorrow.

Fixtures are up, our first FC match finds us against Highton of OD Level II, looks like a defeat.

I actually have the worst start possible to my season.

I face Sky Blues away from home in my first FC game and then face the newly relegated team, Oakworth, again away from home. I then host a decent side, 1 1=6 in my 2nd FC game and then host Dream Frequency in my 2nd OD game!

Sickner!

Kev

Another 14 weeks of ****e to come 2nd in both formats isn't exactly what i planned but it might be what actually happens!

:(

Judging by the way we capitulated against you on Sunday I don't think that's necessarily relevant! :cry:

:p

The good news about my fixtures is that I don't have to play first class games against non-bots in consecutive weeks. The bad news is that my opponents have a warm-up first class game against bots every week but one, before playing me, neutralising any fitness advantage I may have.

The even worse bad news is that my first 3 first class home games are my toughest 3 home games, meaning I get screwed on gate receipts.

I was also hoping to play Thommos Trojans later in the season, once he'd been forced to sell because of wages! Unsurprisingly no-one bought Hay for £16m, so chances are he'll be lining up against me.

I think you're lacking the star player to make that difference to get to Level III. Jackman and Titterton are good but you really need an exceptional+ in your team to put in those match winning performances against eth higher teams.

Back