• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GNH

Fish House Ultras⭐
Hi guys have finally got round to playing this game and have just been reading the guides about 5 times. From what i can gather my entire team is gash and i'll need to get in some youngsters to train. Is there anyone worth selling out of these or shall i just put up with them for now? Any other advice would be great as well. Cheers!

Dennis Bolland - 24 yo, BT Rating=2,720
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, mediocre batting form, mediocre bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal

Dougie Bromby - 19 yo, BT Rating=3,732
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: feeble
Bowling: respectable Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

Ciaran Burton - 18 yo, BT Rating=1,863
RH Batsman, LFM Bowler, mediocre batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A destructive player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: feeble

Joe Clark - 24 yo, BT Rating=640
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, mediocre batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: woeful Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: woeful Consistency: woeful

Martin Dawson - 19 yo, BT Rating=1,072
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, proficient batting form, mediocre bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: woeful Concentration: feeble
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful

Kris Dlulane - 26 yo, BT Rating=1,624
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: feeble Consistency: mediocre

Wayne Fincher - 20 yo, BT Rating=6,191
LH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, mediocre bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: feeble
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent

Tony Habens - 18 yo, BT Rating=4,045
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, mediocre batting form, mediocre bowling form, fresh
A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
Bowling: woeful Consistency: woeful

Andrew Haishen - 19 yo, BT Rating=2,489
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, mediocre batting form, competent bowling form, fresh
A steady player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: feeble Concentration: feeble
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble

Dwayne Jenny - 17 yo, BT Rating=1,509
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Lee Lennon - 24 yo, BT Rating=2,861
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, mediocre batting form, proficient bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: feeble

Wayne Maxwell - 18 yo, BT Rating=2,933
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
Batting: feeble Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre

Ricky Stamps - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,011
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, mediocre batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble

Samuel Tiny - 27 yo, BT Rating=4,361
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, mediocre batting form, mediocre bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: competent Concentration: feeble

Dean Toulson - 26 yo, BT Rating=2,380
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, mediocre bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.

Adrian Warner - 22 yo, BT Rating=7,463
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, competent bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: strong Concentration: woeful

Stuart Welch - 20 yo, BT Rating=3,214
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, competent batting form, mediocre bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Fielding: competent

George Yeomans - 25 yo, BT Rating=3,493
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, mediocre batting form, competent bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
Bowling: feeble Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

Plenty of people to fire!

First glance suggests you should sell Warner and use the money you get to buy in some trainees.

How much do you think he's worth putting up for with no secondaries?

I would just list at 0, you have a to pay a listing fee these days. He should fetch you a few hundred thousand and you can then get yourself 3 or 4 17yo's to train. I take it you're in Level VI?

The good news is there should be lots of cheap trainees on the market.

I'd suggest buying 7 trainees, they should be pretty cheap. They should all be 17years old with at least mediocre stamina (stamina is really inefficient to train), I'd then suggest:

1 x mediocre batting and feeble wicketkeeping
2 x mediocre batting and mediocre concentration
1 x mediocre bowling and mediocre batting with as close to mediocre concentration and consistency as you can afford
3 x mediocre bowling and mediocre consistency

You should be able to buy a mediocre-mediocre for a couple of thousand, although the all-rounder will be more expensive.

A guy I work with has just started last week and his team is very similar to yours (except he didn't have the Strong to sell !), I've advised him exactly the same as YB, and it cost him about 100k for the 7 trainees (50k for the all-rounder and 25k for the W/K), so you should be looking at something similar. I'll re-iterate YB's usual refrain - Don't spend any money until you have read the rules. Twice !!

Good luck and enjoy !

You also want to be looking for as close to £420k wages as you can get on those mediocres as they will be near to competent.

Another option is also to keep an eye out for players who are high in their skill that you can bump up a level quickly and make some money on. Your basic targets are approx:

Mediocre>Competent: £420k
Competent>Respectable: £650k
Respectable>Proficient: £1,100k

This is assuming no secondaries above mediocre. There's normally a few cheapos dotted around the market who you can pick up and train for a couple of weeks then sell on at a profit after the 42 days are up.

Oh and can I stick you in for the SZ Cup? Starts in a couple of weeks.

I've had a quick look at the transfer market and there are plenty of 17yo mediocre-mediocre batsmen up there. You should be able to pick them up for £1k each although if you can get a competent stamina (or above) it might be worth paying a little bit more.

Yeah i'll be up for the cup!

Already bought a 17 yr old mediocre batting-concentration-stamina for £1k and have got my 10 coaches. Training my best youngsters for the moment and will replace them when i've got some more 17 yr olds

I assume then that the players with equal skills but with higher wages are closer to poping to the next level? Also is it not worth training stamina at all?

Yes, stamina is worth training but it is uneconomical to try to train from too low a level (6 weeks per pop). Bowlers need more stamina than batsmen.

I assume then that the players with equal skills but with higher wages are closer to poping to the next level? Also is it not worth training stamina at all?

Yes for the wages.

Stamina is important, and you'd eventually need to top up the stamina of players with mediocre or even competent stamina, but it is inefficient to train, especially from a low base. If you train batting, you also train concentration, bowling also trains consistency, fielding and keeping train both concentration and consistency. Training stamina is also more draining.

GNH said:
Already bought a 17 yr old mediocre batting-concentration-stamina for £1k and have got my 10 coaches.
Could have saved on hiring your coaches, as they will have no effect until next Monday, but if that's the only mistake you make, then you've done well. We've all made some corkers in time, so don't be afraid to ask anything, as we've all probaly done the same thing at some stage. Also don't forget to hire psychologists, otherwise the Concentration and Consistency will not improve. 6 or 7 is the accepted number to have although I have 10 for some reason :)

Could have saved on hiring your coaches, as they will have no effect until next Monday, but if that's the only mistake you make, then you've done well. We've all made some corkers in time, so don't be afraid to ask anything, as we've all probaly done the same thing at some stage. Also don't forget to hire psychologists, otherwise the Concentration and Consistency will not improve. 6 or 7 is the accepted number to have although I have 10 for some reason :)

Thought that might have been the case for the coaches but it's not too much money ;) I have gone for 5 psychologists as it seemed to be around what most people thought the norm, should i get a couple more?

Last edited:
As I say, I have 10 and always have. It's probably cost me a fair bit over the seasons, but I'm loathe to get rid of them now :p

If I was starting now I would go for 6.......

How many players did you start off with GNH?

My girlfriend signed up yesterday purely because she saw me checking my cup game, and got given 36 players! I told her to fire dross, she got through 4 before mentioning the amount, so now has 32. Surely this can't be right? I mailed the GMs this morning but got no reply, may just tell her to leave it.

I only got 19 players and 18 of them are utter dross and 1 is slightly better dross. 36 players? There must be some talent within that lot

I only got 19 players and 18 of them are utter dross and 1 is slightly better dross. 36 players? There must be some talent within that lot

The highest is respectable, she said. Terrible squad.

I'd guess is whoever had the team beforehand bought loads of players and quite possibly went bankrupt*.

A big cull is definitely needed as otherwise they'll be wasting a lot of money on wages otherwise.

*Or had a lot of transfer activity involving the same team......

Back