• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT20 - Season 13

MrB

Life President
Almost had a disaster in the wee hours, rested a couple and TIEd thinking I'd have an easy game and I'm guessing they must have GFI'd and racked up 163 against me. Fortunately we had plenty in the tank batting wise and 92 from 48 balls from Sandy made sure of the win.

Tomorrow's game is a strange one, he has 10 players between 20k and 70k however the youngest is 26 and his best four are 32, 34, 35 and 35 and are consequently all very unfit! Should be able to rest a couple and TIE again.

Last edited:
Meh, I was there first on Saturday but everyone used Kev's thread. Mine has a better title anyway.

Im at home and resting a few faces as the team im facing isnt that good, they have 14 players and there only good player is at fresh!

Kev

Getting a bit of a tonking, although we've pulled it back a bit in the last couple of overs.

BATTY SHRIMPERS v mighty foxes

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 6: 51-1, runrate=8.50
Schoeman 3-0-27-0
van der Walt * 27 (16 balls)
Cash 1 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Swift c. Ricketts b. Singh 23 (FOW: 48/1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No such problems for Mrs BB

DIBS DIPPERS v Sparkys Sparklers

DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field.

End of Over 7: 29-7, runrate=4.14
York 2-0-11-2
Wilbrahim* 7 (3 balls)
Bowditch 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Mcphee c. Stride b. York 2 (FOW: 29/7)

Don't really want to chase much more than 160

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.

End of Over 16: 119-2, runrate=7.44
Glasby 3-0-27-1
France* 9 (4 balls)
Cash 36 (34 balls)

Last Wicket: van der Walt c. Evelyn b. Glasby 50 (FOW: 108/2)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should be an easy chase for Mrs BB

The players are off the field for the break between innings.

End of Over 15: 64-10, runrate=4.27
Ballard 3-0-24-2
Wilbrahim* 34 (27 balls)

Good recovery, only conceded 38 off of the last 8 overs.

End of Over 20: 130-3, runrate=6.50
Schoeman 4-0-30-0
Cash* 41 (42 balls)
Hartburn 5 (13 balls)

Last Wicket: France c. Evelyn b. Middleton 10 (FOW: 121/3)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB strolling to victory

DIBS DIPPERS v Sparkys Sparklers

DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field.

End of Over 3: 37-0, runrate=12.33, reqrunrate=1.65 (64-10)
Solanki 2-0-30-0
Potter* 21 (10 balls)
Stride 16 (8 balls)

End of Over 20: 196-3, runrate=9.80
Mcgouran 4-0-45-3
Delaney* 6 (2 balls)
Lenton 113 (65 balls)
Last Wicket: Liburd c. Birkett b. Mcgouran 0 (FOW: 185/3)

Going to have bat really well to get near that total

End of Over 10: 76-1, runrate=7.60, reqrunrate=12.10 (196-3)
Frederick 2-0-6-0
Last* 34 (18 balls)
Cronin 28 (31 balls)
Last Wicket: Williams c. Liburd b. Dabare 9 (FOW: 29/1)

Seeing as how i'm up against remarkables and exceptionals not bad going.

Good have been better as Last had 23 off 8 balls when Cronin came in, talk about hog the strike. Still have Swayne and Bob Birkett to come so if a few wickets tumble that'll bring my best batsmen in, which I could probably do with.

Edit: Last* 49 (26 balls)
Quincy gets an over and gets 12 from it! For god sake Cronin give the strike to Quincy!

Last edited:
Ripped thru the oppo's team for just 19. Johnson 4-8 off 12 balls and Jackman 5-11 off 16 balls. Hitchman with the other. Got the runs within 22 balls losing just one wicket so pleased with that!

Kev

sixandout won by 26 runs.
sixandout 196-3
Southchurch Village CC 170-2

On reflection they're bowling attack was a lot better than my batting so not a bad effort. If Swayne had come in 3/4 over earlier might have been closer but hey-ho

Won with 16 balls to spare. Will now be interesting to see what sort of PFL hits we get on a TIE.

The match is over. BATTY SHRIMPERS won by 8 wickets.
mighty foxes 130-3
BATTY SHRIMPERS 131-2

Won with 16 balls to spare. Will now be interesting to see what sort of PFL hits we get on a TIE.

The match is over. BATTY SHRIMPERS won by 8 wickets.
mighty foxes 130-3
BATTY SHRIMPERS 131-2

I went PAN, had two bat 81* off 47 and 61 off 57 both starting at sublime and 3 bowl at sublime and 2 energetic. Will be interesting indeed.

Edit: Not out bat to energetic, opening bowl to energetic. Not too harsh.
No morale loss.

Last edited:
Yep, just checked mine.

Middleton and Begg both went from Invigorated to Energetic overnight, both back down to Invigorated after the game.

Middleton bowled 4 overs and batted for 24 balls, Begg just bowled 4 overs. This was on a TIE. Be interesting to see if they go back to Energetic overnight tonight.

Only £34000 in the bank for today. Easy game tomorrow so get to rest more (at home again!). Thursdays game trickier and nearly at full-strength.

Guy and Browne still at invig (and neither played today!). Jackman drops to invig after bowling 16 balls on PIN.
Cook, Raven, Sookram, Deane & Waterhouse all at energetic.

Kev

Begg and Middleton both back up to Energetic this morning, so same side out as yesterday. Going to TIE, as we've then got another game tonight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB has a tough game against the 6th ranked side in SL, same side out as yesterday, again on a TIE.

Sini, Mario and Suthers all at energetic today. They all rest today and we're TIE again. Fingers crossed will get away with it again as we have a toughie tomorrow that we'll have to normal and then a real tough one on Friday.

Back