• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT20 - Season 19

MrB

Life President
Opening match for me in Australia overnight (which stopped me having a friendly yesterday!) and a comfy win with HHH and BFG rested. Much tougher game tomorrow so both of those return and Diggers (who usually gets smacked about in BT20 anyway) resting.

Looking forward to seeing the updated rankings at the weekend after this weeks matches.

26/04/2011 (BT20) at Shady Sharks
ShrimperZone CC 218-0
Shady Sharks 174-3

The BT20 Thread!

I won overnight by 10 wickets and having had a quick looksie i reckon i could be on course for promotion to Level 3! Im by far the best team so fingers crossed i can get at least one promotion this season!

Kev

I am pretty ****ed off with my match:

End of Over 19: 162-4, runrate=8.53, reqrunrate=21.00 (182-5)
Raipur 4-1-27-2
Tripathi* 38 (18 balls)
Ahmed 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Hinton b. Raipur 3 (FOW: 162/4)
19.1 1 Sipho to Tripathi
Just a single. Good calling, good running.
19.2 1 Sipho to Ahmed
Big inside edge onto the pad. Ahmed limps through for the single.
19.3 4 Sipho to Tripathi
Blaney ran back and forth between midwicket and square leg, only to find that Sipho was being pestered by a wasp, I think. Tripathi plays a straight one off his legs for four. It went right through where Blaney wasn't.
19.4 6 Sipho to Tripathi
A rank delivery from Sipho gets what it deserves: short and wide it's launched away over long off for six runs.
19.5 6 Sipho to Tripathi
Has that carried all the way? Yes it has. Tripathi didn't try to hit that pull shot too hard, but he timed it wonderfully.
And that's his fifty! Well played.
19.6 4 Sipho to Tripathi
Fine placement from Tripathi and the ball evades the despairing dive of the cover fielder. Four runs.

New Delhi Dipsites Southend
Top Order: elite elite
Middle Order: quality sensational
Lower Order: worthless worthless
Seam Bowling: remarkable phenomenal
Spin Bowling: exceptional elite
Fielding: competent competent
MOTM: Tsietsi

BT20 proving to be the joke of a format that I've always seen it. Crazy to lose that.

Ooh I don't know, I quite like it :winking:

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Reporter's Summary BATTY SHRIMPERS Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
Top Order: elite phenomenal
Middle Order: elite proficient
Lower Order: abysmal woeful
Seam Bowling: wonderful masterful
Spin Bowling: quality elite
Fielding: mediocre competent

Won by 7 wickets with 2 balls to spare after Nagga smashed 100* off just 56 balls

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB failed to chase 179, losing by 24 runs.

Batting is worth so much more than bowling in BT20, even the best bowlers get smacked around and they only have 4 overs to make an impact. The result is a bit of a lottery but I'd favour the team that can outpower their opponent's batsmen, like BB's match above.

My opponent's 8k per week bat did most damage - he has two Chanderpauls, one plays for India and the other was this fella. I think the ME got them mixed up! :smile:

Work to be done with this format for me. May fiddle with the batting order for the next one.

Won by 7 wickets with 3.3 overs to spare overnight. 2 more bot matches in BT20 coming up...bit easy with all these bots at the minute!

Won by 7 wickets with 3.3 overs to spare overnight. 2 more bot matches in BT20 coming up...bit easy with all these bots at the minute!
It's a great way to start as a lot of wins gets your member numbers up quicker, the worst thing that can happen is when you start in a fully human league as you lose all your matches and your growth stagnates immediately. Good purchase earlier by the way.

It's a great way to start as a lot of wins gets your member numbers up quicker, the worst thing that can happen is when you start in a fully human league as you lose all your matches and your growth stagnates immediately. Good purchase earlier by the way.

Yea, I spose, just not really a challenge althou lets u build foundations without getting bored with the game with constant defeats. Haha, thanks for letting me get him. Got in a bit of a bidding war with a couple of others and was nearing the top of how much I would bid....u reckon I paid over the odds? Having the surname "Wright-Philips" put an extra 10k on his value I think!

Playing one of only 2 other human teams in my division, away in Auckland! Batting first I scored 198-2, but lost with 1 ball to spare! Gutted but proud of my boys!

Nice and comfy today and more importantly, all my mainline bowlers are now energetic so I can afford a GFI against Parkway (however futile that is) and still hopefully be reasonably fit for FC next week.

Lost by 9 wickets off the last ball, after they needed 28 off the last 2 overs :thumbdown:

--------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB mauled Dobcross.....

Hmmm, might have a job on today, Diggers managed to get tonked for 28 in an over by a wonderful batsman!

End of Over 5: 53-1, runrate=10.60
Graham 1-0-10-1
Parr* 32 (18 balls)
Davison 4 (4 balls)

Last Wicket: Bradley st. Lamey b. Graham 13 (FOW: 49/1)

The players are off the field for the break between innings.

End of Over 20: 122-4, runrate=6.10
Raees 4-0-24-1
Johan* 23 (19 balls)
Duggan 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Mcclenahan b. Raees 16 (FOW: 122/4)

Managed to constrict them to 4 off the final over too. Bar a batting failure, looks like a hattrick of BT20 wins this week.

All over after 13.1 overs.

And that's the end of the match. Toro Bulls won by 10 wickets.
Pukaki CC 122-4
Toro Bulls 125-0

End of Over 14: 125-0, runrate=8.93
Heywood 3-0-31-0
Westhead* 71 (45 balls)
Thurston 47 (35 balls)

Was set 165 in the end, though strangely 6 of my bowling overs only had a total of 5 runs scored from them. They were scoring in small batches!!

Made it with 9 balls to spare despite losing 4 wickets.

Won by 141 runs to go to 2/1, we're 4th in the division.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB won overnight by 36 runs, she's also 2/1 and is 3rd in her division.

Ended up losing my 2nd game. It turns out they had some monster intenational batter who got a shedload rather quick and i fell 4 short so i've buggered this up! Won comfortably yesterday though.

Back