• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT20 - Season 23

Lol, bank holiday and game in Australia meant I was pleasantly surprised to see a win against a very good team with two NTs this morning. Should secure safety in II for next season.

I wouldn't bother resting in BT20, the fitness hit is minimal even on GFI.

I'm 7th, 6th have already played and if I win comfortably I go above them which is worthwhile as BT20 leagues only pay prize money down to 6th. Unfortunately I'm playing 3rd who outwage me quite comfortably and I have no WK which won't help!

In fact, after Friday I'll have no WK or captain! May have to scour the TL for a cheapo old skipper with some WK!

Looks like I'm going to finish 2nd again, I have to win, and get a NRR gain of 8.13. Can't see it unless I mange to win the toss and roll them over cheaply.

My franchise won their division though. All that experience obviously helped :winking:

I'm 10th and can still finish between here and 4th.

Just scored 32 in one over.

End of Over 5: 68-0, runrate=13.60
Lokuge 1-0-32-0
Kasi* 58 (21 balls)
Ray 9 (10 balls)
4.6 4 Lokuge to Ray
Full delivery, cut to deep backward point. Phahamo, diving to stop the ball, touches the rope in the process.
4.5 1 Lokuge to Kasi
Kasi dabs one into the off side and hurries through for a quick single. Cheeky.
4.4 6 Lokuge to Kasi
Lokuge bowls it far too short and Kasi mows it away for six over backward square leg. The party of Vikings sitting in the West Stand raise their beer glasses in tribute.
4.3 6 Lokuge to Kasi
Kasi can't plan against Lokuge apparently. No need for a plan if he can play like this. He jumps out, gets to the pitch and tees off straight down the ground and over the fence. Shot!
And that's his fifty! Well played.
4.2 4 Lokuge to Kasi
Long hop from Lokuge, Kasi was extremely quick on his feet and he smashes it over midwicket with a ferocious pull shot for a one-bounce four.
4.1 6 Lokuge to Kasi
Amazing! What a shot from Kasi. Everyone knew that was going to be six as soon as it left the bat, but the cameraman was so focused on following the ball, he didn't realise it was coming straight down his camera lens. Cracking stuff.
4.1 nb4 Lokuge to Kasi
no ball, Kasi cuts over the top of gully. That was risky, but he gets four runs for the cause.

Last edited:
Won remarkably comfortably in 16 overs, who needs a wicket keeper! We nip into 6th and take the extra £160k on offer.

2nd again, oppo totalled 135/4, meaing we had to knock them off in 9 overs or less.

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Shanghai Sixes

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: dusty

End of Over 13: 105-4, runrate=8.08, reqrunrate=4.43 (135-4)
Matheson 3-0-15-3
Devine* 4 (6 balls)
Lever 8 (6 balls)

Last Wicket: Singh lbw b. Hayes 7 (FOW: 96/4)

Won the game, but finished 2nd in the league on NRR. 3rd season in a row we've finished 2nd. Fixtures didn't fall right for me this year. I played the bot when he was still a semi-bot, whereas the guy who went up played him today. That was about the difference in the end.

Main team finished 7th, Franchise won the league and every game

Won every game after taking over to finish 4th.

Should be lots of bots in the league next season, so looking forward to some success in this format.

Back