• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT20 - Season 24

MrB

Life President
A pleasing start, played the team ranked 9 in Aus:

Me: End of Over 10: 78-1, runrate=7.80
Them: End of Over 10: 100-1, runrate=10.00

Turned into:

Me: End of Over 20: 214-1, runrate=10.70
Them: End of Over 20: 177-4, runrate=8.85

Some explosive hitting at the back end of our innings.

Won by 5 wickets, I should win the next 2 aswell. Actually looking at all the teams again I should walk this division!

9 wicket win for Mrs BB.

DIBS DIPPERS v NineTen X1

The match is over. DIBS DIPPERS won by 9 wickets.
NineTen X1 166-2
DIBS DIPPERS 168-1

Same for me today, typically the one time I go short in my batting line up is the day I lose a load of wickets!!

And that's the end of the match. Fenton CC won by 8 wickets.
ShrimperZone CC 139-6
Fenton CC 140-2

Both of my teams have started with two defeats :thumbsup::sad:

2 for 2 for Mrs BB.

Natural Born Cricketers v DIBS DIPPERS

DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: dusty
And that's the end of the match. DIBS DIPPERS won by 8 wickets.
Natural Born Cricketers 161-3
DIBS DIPPERS 163-2

Same for me today, typically the one time I go short in my batting line up is the day I lose a load of wickets!!

And that's the end of the match. Fenton CC won by 8 wickets.
ShrimperZone CC 139-6
Fenton CC 140-2

I lost my game by 20 runs or so.....How the heck am I supposed to tell my batsmen that at 120-1, it's OK to start smashing the ball around the field? Phenomenal XP\Superb LS captain my a$£e!

I now wonder whether I should set them all to "Very Attacking".......

I lost my game by 20 runs or so.....How the heck am I supposed to tell my batsmen that at 120-1, it's OK to start smashing the ball around the field? Phenomenal XP\Superb LS captain my a$£e!
I think there's a setting.....

I now wonder whether I should set them all to "Very Attacking".......
Yeah, that's the one :smile:

I think there's a setting.....

Yeah, that's the one :smile:

True, but I wasn't sure whether VA would see my batsmen all get skittled......Or is it worth just gambling on an all out attack which will either succeed or fail...?

3 out of 3 for me.

And that's the end of the match. Deep Backward Square Leg won by 82 runs.
Deep Backward Square Leg 189-3
the grumpy old men 107-10

End of Over 14: 107-10, runrate=7.64
Durno 3-1-21-7

nice figures for Durno, including 4 wickets in 1 over!

3 out of 3 for Mrs BB.

DIBS DIPPERS v Cudgies

Cudgies won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: cracked
And that's the end of the match. DIBS DIPPERS won by 20 runs.
DIBS DIPPERS 189-2
Cudgies 169-4

Man this game can **** you off sometimes! Playing a BB style team with an average age of almost 36 that only bats to 5. Get them to 57-3 and then watch a 36 and 37yo, the latter on fresh fitness, batter 133 off 72 balls to win the game.

Grrr......

Lost another game against a weaker team. Beat the sell up overnight but I sense we're going to go down this season, my team just can't get to grips with BT20. I set all my batsmen to VA and all my bowlers to VD, not really sure what else to do.

Franchise however made it 14 league wins out of 14 and are well set for triple promotion.

Lost another game against a weaker team.
Then I spotted this, nice....

Due to the errors with player fitness levels, todays BT20 games (27th November) will be removed from the league tables and changed into friendlies. The fixtures will be replayed on the 10th January as the last BT20 game on the free Thursday. Any friendlies that day will be rescheduled.

The changes will take place tomorrow.

Back