• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Budget HD TV

ozzy-shrimper

Map Reader
Im looking for a decent HD Television to stick in my room and hopefully take to Uni with me next year, just looking for any suggestions really.
Im not that bothered aboout the size as anythings an upgrade to the 14" TV I have at the moment, but under 250 quid.

Ive looked around and found this which looks pretty good:

LG

As well as this 22" Samsung..

If you're looking to take it to Uni next year then I'd buy something with re-sell value.

After all, you'll need things to pawn off for your next hit of crack.

Im looking for a decent HD Television to stick in my room and hopefully take to Uni with me next year, just looking for any suggestions really.
Im not that bothered aboout the size as anythings an upgrade to the 14" TV I have at the moment, but under 250 quid.

Ive looked around and found this which looks pretty good:

LG

As well as this 22" Samsung..

Don't bother taking a TV with you to Uni. There are so many better things to do at Uni than watch TV.

Wait as long as you can. LED Tv's are getting popular and 3D tv's will be out this year so HD will become standard and therefore a lot cheaper.

I just picked up a 32" 1080p for £299 from argos. Perfect for the bedroom. Its only a bush. But a bargain i thought.

My only caveat about a smaller Samsung, having bought a 32" LCD 6 or 7 months ago, and then the smaller one at the end of November, the speakers are shocking and to get a decent sound out of it, you need to turn it up to about 90% of what it can give you. Although, to be fair, I'd say our one seems like it was half designed to be a TV & half to be a computer monitor (maybe with some supplementary speakers it might give out some decent sound). Great pic on it though.

My only caveat about a smaller Samsung, having bought a 32" LCD 6 or 7 months ago, and then the smaller one at the end of November, the speakers are shocking and to get a decent sound out of it, you need to turn it up to about 90% of what it can give you. Although, to be fair, I'd say our one seems like it was half designed to be a TV & half to be a computer monitor (maybe with some supplementary speakers it might give out some decent sound). Great pic on it though.

I've read that on a few reviews also that the speakers of the smaller Samsungs aren't too good, but to be fair the speakers on my current tele are appauling, especially for DVD's.. on full blast it's nowhere near loud enough.

Yeah i've noticed them. What was the one you got?

The 37 inch, but the Insurance company said that particular one was no longer available, so gave us the money to get a Samsung 40 inch, which I must say is also rather good (and has a VGA input so we can hook the computer up to it)

Obviously it does depend on how much is cheap, the Samsung is under 500 quid and is a better TV (altogh costing a bit more) than the Technica

The 37 inch, but the Insurance company said that particular one was no longer available, so gave us the money to get a Samsung 40 inch, which I must say is also rather good (and has a VGA input so we can hook the computer up to it)

Obviously it does depend on how much is cheap, the Samsung is under 500 quid and is a better TV (altogh costing a bit more) than the Technica

Ah thats not too bad in the end then.

Was in Tesco today and had a look at the Technika 26" which they are selling for £230. It looked pretty nice and the size was quality, a lot bigger than I thought it would look!

Back