• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who earns £43k tho

According to google that's a basic tube driver's salary.

Less than a GP's.

Less than a teacher in a leadership position or advanced skills (whatever that might be).

A touch below what a marketing sales manager would get

About what an electrical engineer (or an electronics engineer) would get

Above average for a plumber, but about half way between the average and what the top salary for a plumber is in London.

Within £2k of what a coal mine operative (a coal miner?) would get.

I would like to see a tax on vicious looking dogs.

How much do you think I would pay for my hound Cyril?
k.jpg

i'm miffed by all these headlines this morning claiming that Osbourne is 'Attacking Grannies'. Ok, so the freezing of the personal allowance is perhaps a bit harsh (but then again, why shouldnt it be the same as employed persons!), but most seem to have completely overlooked the 4% rise in state pension, which offset by the PA freeze will, by my calculation, overall still leave them £80 a year better off!?

Worked out that I'm £380 worse off next year, whilst Mario Baletteli can afford a few more Baby Bentleys with his tax cut.

Nice to see the Tory's are reverting to type and looking after the rich.

Worked out that I'm £380 worse off next year, whilst Mario Baletteli can afford a few more Baby Bentleys with his tax cut.

You know thats not true MK. As we all kow the rich already pay a considerable amount more in money terms of tax than the poor. On top of this they pay the bulk of it at a higher percentage so is it fair that they should an even higher percentage on top?

How are you 380 worse off?

You know thats not true MK. As we all kow the rich already pay a considerable amount more in money terms of tax than the poor. On top of this they pay the bulk of it at a higher percentage so is it fair that they should an even higher percentage on top?

How are you 380 worse off?

But they will now pay 5% less.

I got a figure from a tax calculator on the BBC.

I imagine most of these footballers have their wages paid into a company in their name, and therefore don't pay nearly anywhere as much tax as they would do anyway?

Which is 5% more than they paid in 2010 and as BRB says if reducing it means more money overall then why not

i'm miffed by all these headlines this morning claiming that Osbourne is 'Attacking Grannies'. Ok, so the freezing of the personal allowance is perhaps a bit harsh (but then again, why shouldnt it be the same as employed persons!), but most seem to have completely overlooked the 4% rise in state pension, which offset by the PA freeze will, by my calculation, overall still leave them £80 a year better off!?

I agree with you - while it may appear to be attacking pensioners, it's actually a freezing of the tax threshold of those of pensionable age who are still working. I sort of agree with Osborne here that anyone working should be on the same tax thresholds. The coalition policy is to get all workers on the magical 10k threshold.

Racist.

Mario Balotelli probably pays the wages of a hundred nurses or teachers despite the fact he'll never use the NHS and wasn't educated in this country.

He attracts in foreign investment to this country, which provides employment to hundreds and thousands.

A hero and a role model to millions, in his spare time when not confronting school bullies he uses those baby bentleys to drive round and redistribute wealth direct to the masses. If anything, they should be tax deductible.

Your green-eyed jealousy makes me feel sick. Show some gratitude. If it wasn't for him subsidising your share of the burden, you'd have to pay even more.

Suitably chastened Yorkie. Next election my tick will go to those valiant blue boys, whom without this country would surely be home to communismerys of the worst kind.

this is in a way why i have never understood the hatred towards large bonuses. Surely if someone gets a £1mil bonus, currently more than half of that goes back into society straight away through tax/NI. If it is however not paid, only 26% goes back into society right away through Corp Tax.

people need to look at the bigger picture, rather than concentrating on what amounts to little more than jealousy

Back