• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

futuristic-man-silver-hand-over-textured-steel-thumb14063245.jpg

it was scratchcards, honest!

this is in a way why i have never understood the hatred towards large bonuses. Surely if someone gets a £1mil bonus, currently more than half of that goes back into society straight away through tax/NI. If it is however not paid, only 26% goes back into society right away through Corp Tax.

people need to look at the bigger picture, rather than concentrating on what amounts to little more than jealousy
which then gets distributed to investors (via dividends), and personal tax is then applied on top :whistling:

but I'm with you buddy, the ******s are all jealous

Seems to me that Boy George's Granny tax will bring out the grey vote big time in 2015.Watch out all you Cons/Lib Dems.:thump:

I suspect the Cons and the granny vote is rather like Labour and the northern vote - they can always count on it
The thinking behind this budget seems to be a bit of bad publicity now in return for economic gains by time of next election. Whether that thinking is correct only time will tell but at this stage I think a small overall Conservative majority is most likely outcome of 2015 election.

I concur. there is obviously huge outcry that the proposed fuel duty hike wasn't cancelled, but if it was cancelled, it would have meant having to eventually raise it closer to the election. I guess the thinking was that allowing the raise to go ahead in August would possibly mean that they may not have to raise it again prior to the 2015 election? That said, 2 and a half years is a long time without a duty hike. The last time there was a gap in fuel duty rise for that long was between October 2003 through to December 2006.

Back