• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Building for the future

Should be on the "Classic Comedy Oneliners" one except maybe it's not a oneliner?!

Harrold?? his future is at Wycombe or Brentford if the rumour is correct. Even our Yth striker is better than Harrold these days. Once we get Fallon in its goodbye Harrold.

I gave Harrold many chance to do well for us, but after the Dag & Red game, I seen enough that he would struggle to get into Dag & Red first team.

For those that recall the great Two Ronnies sketch regarding speaking Swedish, the young Sweded obviously asked his landlady:

F U N E M

To which she replied:

S V F M

Swedish kid:

F U N E X

Landlady:

S V F X

Swedish kid:

F U N E T

Landlady:

S V F T

Swedish kid:

I V F M X N T

they didn't have ham 'cos one of the answers was:

9. V F N N E M.

Would agree with all other players epect ginger, he needs to go for me

I fully support the management team in their building for the future. We have to also realise that sometimes "building for the future" can mean buying players very cheaply and developing them as far as possible and selling on for a tidy profit. Not necessarily that we will expect all of them to stay on and play regular first team for us. We picked up Scannell for 5k, it'll be great if he develops and plays regularly, helping us up to an established championship side, but he may not - he may get snapped up, but if we get good money - we have to say that is good business.
It's the way smaller clubs HAVE to operate sometimes.

I'm really encouraged by this transfer window. Our tactics are spot on.

Tilly is looking at the bigger picture and trying to develop for the future.

The likes of Masters, Liptak, Scannell and Harrold have all been purchased over the last 18 months or so with an eye to the future. If you add Moussa in, that's potentially the spine of the team Masters, Liptak, Moussa and Harrold.

Its now up to our coaching staff to develop them and turn them into valuable prospects who can contribute in a season or two's time. Now the chances are that a couple of them won't pan out, but if one or two do that puts us in a really strong position.

Yeah, building for the future with a load of cheap crap that no one else wants!

Back