• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Building for the future

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
I'm really encouraged by this transfer window. Our tactics are spot on.

Tilly is looking at the bigger picture and trying to develop for the future.

The likes of Masters, Liptak, Scannell and Harrold have all been purchased over the last 18 months or so with an eye to the future. If you add Moussa in, that's potentially the spine of the team Masters, Liptak, Moussa and Harrold.

Its now up to our coaching staff to develop them and turn them into valuable prospects who can contribute in a season or two's time. Now the chances are that a couple of them won't pan out, but if one or two do that puts us in a really strong position.

I agree totally that building for the future is important and its nice to see us doing so and shows theres long term vision being applied.

Not sure Harrold can be viewed as one for the future mind.

Harrold one for the future?? Have you been smoking something dodgy??

The future being how long, 1,2 or 3 seasons?. By which time their contracts would have finished and if they realise their potential will have been snapped up by bigger clubs.

Yes, Tilly said that when signing him

Harrold is still very young for a targetman. Like keepers they tend to develop much later than other positions, in fact I'd say much later. As a role they rely far more on strength and experience, both of which take time to develop. I'm not sure whether Harrold is still in Tilson's plans, but he was originally signed as a long term project.

The future being how long, 1,2 or 3 seasons?. By which time their contracts would have finished and if they realise their potential will have been snapped up by bigger clubs.

Different players (and positions) develop at different speeds. The trick is to extend the deal as soon as they show signs of having made the step-up. By the time they have become first team regulars their agent will no doubt be banging on the door about a new deal to match their new status anyway.

He is currently having dinner is his digs mate. Ham Egg and Chips I am lead to believe.

For those that recall the great Two Ronnies sketch regarding speaking Swedish, the young Sweded obviously asked his landlady:

F U N E M

To which she replied:

S V F M

Swedish kid:

F U N E X

Landlady:

S V F X

Swedish kid:

F U N E T

Landlady:

S V F T

Swedish kid:

I V F M X N T

For those that recall the great Two Ronnies sketch regarding speaking Swedish, the young Sweded obviously asked his landlady:

F U N E M

To which she replied:

S V F M

Swedish kid:

F U N E X

Landlady:

S V F X

Swedish kid:

F U N E T

Landlady:

S V F T

Swedish kid: