• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There has been talk on here of new loan signing JJ O’Toole potentially causing unrest in the changing room because of his ‘track record’.

Given Jimmy Bullard’s ‘banter’ / verbal attack on a fellow celebrity in I’m A Celebrity… and his subsequently being voted off, when does banter go too far and become bullying? As Bullard played under Brown at Hull how far would Brown and the management team allow ‘banter’ to go before they stepped in? Does behaviour like that cause changing room unrest? Bullard, for me, went over the top on I’m A Celebrity but is that sort of behaviour the norm in professional football club dressing rooms?

I’m interested to know what people think especially if you can give insider information and thoughts.

(For those of you who haven’t seen it and are interested it’s available on YouTube. Sorry can’t do links)

Bullard claims that ITV cut out Jake giving Bullard an earful so it makes him out to be a bully.
Personally I see it as banter, me and my mates never say anything nice to each other everyone is a see you next Tuesday or a ****ing p**** but some people are more sensitive than others and I can see why some would see it as bullying.
All depends on who you're saying it too really if they know your having a laugh and not going to take what you say seriously it's banter.

In any walk of life, any job, there are those that have a more forceful character. Often an attempt to appear superior and self-confident and mainly because they are quite insecure. Their manner can be intimidating, often intentionally, and that is bullying. Look at the top of any ladder, metaphorically, and you will find a bully. Look at the bottom of any ladder and you will find the victims. The trouble is the victims rarely use their nous and shake the ladder.

You need to know where the line is, and not to cross it. And with some folks there should be no banter at all, as it can be conceived as bullying - I've seen it in action in previous roles and it's absolutely horrible to witness and be on the end of.

Maybe an all male "macho" dressing room is like a bear pit - and probably one of the reasons why gay footballers would never come out of the closet.

I might be slightly off topic but I don't think Jimmy crossed the line, Jake is a no mark.

Ask Jake what he thought. I'd be very surprised if he thought it was bullying and I think he'd be upset to learn people were juding it as such.

Ask Jake what he thought. I'd be very surprised if he thought it was bullying and I think he'd be upset to learn people were juding it as such.

Not really been watching it but my missus has it on. Jake said something last night about Jimmy being what he needed, being honest and in his face and he really liked Jimmy.

I don't think Jimmy really crossed the line but he wasn't far away. Banter is a word that's commonly used to excuse bullying. I don't think Jimmy bullied Jake, but I do cringe when someone goes 'it's just banter'.

Not really been watching it but my missus has it on. Jake said something last night about Jimmy being what he needed, being honest and in his face and he really liked Jimmy.

I don't think Jimmy really crossed the line but he wasn't far away. Banter is a word that's commonly used to excuse bullying. I don't think Jimmy bullied Jake, but I do cringe when someone goes 'it's just banter'.

I agree with you, but I think it's totally wrong for the public to judge where that line is for other people, such as Jake in this case. If Jake was happy enough that it was 'banter' and part of their friendship then who on earth are we to say otherwise.

In any walk of life, any job, there are those that have a more forceful character. Often an attempt to appear superior and self-confident and mainly because they are quite insecure. Their manner can be intimidating, often intentionally, and that is bullying. Look at the top of any ladder, metaphorically, and you will find a bully. Look at the bottom of any ladder and you will find the victims. The trouble is the victims rarely use their nous and shake the ladder.

Exactly this. I was always brought up with the " sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" mentality. But these days everyone seems so over precious , over sensitive , ready to blame everyone else rather than just get on with it. I would say i was bullied briefly at school but this actually made me stronger and i decided there and then to sort it out. These days people are encouraged to run off + say they are 'traumatised' by something in order to either blame someone else, gain financial compensation or just seek attention.

Sadly we are in a world where making a person laugh is now turned round and deemed to be offensive to others who are not in the slightest bit involved. If a person really is bullying someone i will be the first to get in and stamp it out , but 99% of the time it is probably actually only humour without any intention to cause harm.

Surely bannter/bully depends on the state of the other persons mind

Its very easy to pick on someone timid and keep on giving it large, when they know they willnot get a reaction, I bet if JQ stood up to JB and lumped him it would be a different scenerio

Very easy to say its banter after an event,when you are made to look the villian. Personally believe you sign up for these game shows knowing you maybe a victim of pack mentality, no good crying off with an excuse afterwards
Bullard is known to be an of a manic nature, same as Gemma Collins would have been the poor me/whinging factor and Currie the one who speaks her mind whether PC or not

Surely bannter/bully depends on the state of the other persons mind

Its very easy to pick on someone timid and keep on giving it large, when they know they willnot get a reaction, I bet if JQ stood up to JB and lumped him it would be a different scenerio

Theres only one way to find out...................................

People who think that is bullying need to man up and get a sense of humour, it was just lads banter both ways in the right way, happens all the time and nothing wrong with that as it's just lads having a giggle.

If he was a bully his fellow campmates wouldnt have thought so much of him, and those in the "now" show wouldnt have either.

New guy on the scene... not a celebrity - had 5 mins of fame, trying to make a name for himself. Will be very wary of opinions because he hasn't had enough bad press to write it off.

He went over the top. If this was his mate then absolutely fine - banter, but this is just some random chap he has only just met in front of a whole host of other people that Jake had only just met. He was singled out. He doesn't have millions to his name to not be bothered. How he is portrayed in the jungle will have a big effect on Jake's future career...

Bullard - bully.

Back