• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BUMPER CROWD

tommytwoholes

It would appear that the beautiful people of south east essex will be in mass attendance for our promotion season curtain raiser on saturday. I big crowd is expected and am going to take an insane guess at an attendance of 10,342.

Closest guess wins a Frey Bentos pie and a warm can of Wolfschteiner lager. So there's plenty at stake!!

See I thought last year on the first game we would have a big crowd but it wasn't as big as I thought, maybe because of the holidays etc! Does anyone know how ticket sales are going?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Aug. 05 2004,11:29)]It would appear that the beautiful people of south east essex will be in mass attendance for our promotion season curtain raiser on saturday. I big crowd is expected and am going to take an insane guess at an attendance of 10,342.

Closest guess wins a Frey Bentos pie and a warm can of Wolfschteiner lager. So there's plenty at stake!!
I'll go 8,567! Good prizes too!

I think it will be around 9000.

Change the lager to lynx pilsner and I'm in the game.

7,962 [including 406 away].

Temerature 30C.

There will be a beer drought in the bars before kickoff and the burgers will be all gone by halftime.  
sad.gif

406 will leave happy!  
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 05 2004,11:55)]6,271... including 558 away.

5,713 will leave happy.

laugh.gif
Matt - Don't be STUPID. We could win 15-0 and someone (Shrimpboy probably) would find a fault somewhere.

wow.gif
wow.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This reminds me - where is FM 3-1/2 inches these days ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 05 2004,12:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 05 2004,11:55)]5,713 will leave happy.

laugh.gif
Matt - Don't be STUPID. We could win 15-0 and someone (Shrimpboy probably) would find a fault somewhere.

wow.gif

wow.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You're right.

5,712 will leave happy.

laugh.gif

Well we have about 1600 season ticket holders and i am guessing that around 5000 has already been sold for the home end. Looks like cheltenham will bringing quite a few. There site says that all official coach travel is fully booked. So again im guessing at around 800-1000. so say 7000 so far without the pay on the day people which should be around 2000 minimum.

A crowd of 7,854... which will swell to 7,855 when PoD arrives at 5.50pm to witness the last few minutes of the game (at least).

tounge.gif

When i was in there earlier, they had sold about 3000. That was without the seaso's, which is 1600 so thats that 5,000 guaranteed. I'd imagine they'll be about 7,500 there ...

Kev

Sounds like there's going to be a massive crowd for Saturday then!

i just hope I can get a ticket on the day, otherwise I'll be a bit ****ed off!!

rock.gif
wink.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 05 2004,18:01)]When i was in there earlier, they had sold about 3000. That was without the seaso's, which is 1600 so thats that 5,000 guaranteed.
At last, a proper answer to a very simple question. Yes I know I could have found out for myself but unlike Kev I have work to do !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Miss Rees @ Aug. 05 2004,11:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Aug. 05 2004,11:29)]It would appear that the beautiful people of south east essex will be in mass attendance for our promotion season curtain raiser on saturday. I big crowd is expected and am going to take an insane guess at an attendance of 10,342.

I'll go 8,567! Good prizes too!
What is it about you and alcohol?
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 05 2004,17:44)]A crowd of 7,854... which will swell to 7,855 when PoD arrives at 5.50pm to witness the last few minutes of the game (at least).

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
I just love it when you make a mistake!
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif
Must be the time difference!!!
tounge.gif

Back