• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bunch of Amateurs: Looking for help

BunchOfAmateurs

Centre Half
Hi Shrimpers!

My name's Rich and I run a YouTube channel called Bunch of Amateurs. One of the shows on the channel is called Dorking Uncovered, a series that follows the travails of Dorking Wanderers, and tomorrow I am coming to Roots Hall to film an episode.

I don't usually spend a great deal of time on the opposition, mostly because I shoot Dorking at home. But as I am coming to an away game tomorrow, I am keen to make sure I do a segment on Southend. As a Charlton supporter I am more used to seeing you in League One (my previous visits have never been joyful!) so I am keen to talk to the right people to get across what's been going on at the club.

I guess I am asking you for an out-of-the-loop explanation for what's going on at the club (or point me int he direction of a good resource to read), who the key players are and - crucially - who I should try and get an interview with tomorrow. I tried to tap up Collymore but he's ignoring me. Is he popular? Should I chase him? Is someone else better placed to give me an outline? Any and all explanations are welcome!

Thanks for reading this.

Rich

I'm not sure that on here we would have enough factual info to help you with a documentary.

However, if you ever feel like branching out into soap operas, we could certainly provide enough drama to see you through a good many episodes.

Collymore (Stanley Victor isn't it) would be your best bet. So, sure give him a chase up.

If you'd seen any of our stuff on TikTok/ YouTube I think you'd know we have more in common with Eastenders than Ken Burns! Still, I appreciate the advice.

If you're producing a series titled 'bunch of amateurs' and you're coming to Roots Hall, you've stopped at the right place!!! We can provide a library of footage!! ?

I enjoyed the 2 seasons of “Sunderland Til I Die” , that was a good watch. If there had been a series on us, we’d have made that look like plain sailing. A “Southend Make You Cry” fly on the wall doc wouldn’t be believed, it would seem too far fetched to be reality and that’s only what we as a support group know. Dread to think what has gone on that we don’t know about.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the 2 seasons of “Sunderland Til I Die” , that was a good watch. If there had been a series on us, we’d have made that look like plain sailing. A “Southend Make You Cry” fly on the wall doc wouldn’t be believed, it’s would seem too far fetched to be reality and that’s only what we as a support group know. Dread to think why has gone on that we don’t.
I started the show after watching that. Figured, how hard could it be?! Turns out it's really hard! Still, if you want a peek behind the scenes of your oppo tomorrow...

If you're at the match today, feel free to come along to the Shrimpers Bar and we'll try to fill you in. I have a very soft spot for Charlton because your new manager is my husband's cousin, so we're delighted at the news of his appointment yesterday!

Our key players......Murphy and Dalby are two good strikers at this level. Brunt is very good but we may lose him back to Sheff Utd. Bridge is a capable midfielder and Arnold is a very good goalkeeper. Unfortunately the last two are out injured. Other than that......Ralph is talented but inconsistent.....er.....that's about it.

Our parlous situation is down to bad chairmanship, poor management, poor recruitment and bad luck. Our salvation lies in a mirage that we have been marching towards for 25 years or more - a giant new stadium - that has been thwarted by John Prescott, a global banking crisis, Sainsburys, Southend Council, a global pandemic and a cash-strapped and overly ambitious chairman. Again, bad luck has had a role. It's enough to make you weep mate......

Last edited:
Have watched loads of Bunch of Amateurs on YouTube and love it! Keep up the good work mate

The episode featuring Southend is now live on YouTube.com/bunchofamateurs. I wish we could have done more on your club. Sadly, we weren't made to feel particularly welcome. Still, I hope you'll enjoy the coverage!

The episode featuring Southend is now live on YouTube.com/bunchofamateurs. I wish we could have done more on your club. Sadly, we weren't made to feel particularly welcome. Still, I hope you'll enjoy the coverage!
Just watched it. Very well done by bunch of amateurs as always. Sorry to hear you wasn't welcomed, in the video you said it was the local press that didn't want you by the dugout, so hopefully it was them rather than the club.
I think you ought to make a series on Southend next season as we fight our way back into the EFL. Keep up the good work, I followed the Charlwood and Holland fc videos too, you do a great job.

Loved it, great video and apologies you were not made to feel welcome. I love their gaffer.... Great character!!

Just caught up with the video, I thought it was very good, your team played well too

Back