• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Burton Albion v Southend United

Can see what the attempt was with Humphrys, but it needed Hutchinson off; Mantom left on, and Cox behind Hopper - and I thought that not long after they scored.
Notice Elvis's frustration with Hutchinson in added time when he aimlessly hoofed it down the right?

He has never been very good. Needs to be left out Saturday. He is nowhere near this level.
Maybe a better player coming on from the bench.
He had a good game coming on as a sub in 2nd half against Oxford. He is still a young player that is still learning, lets still give him our support.
Well done Shrimpers and all who went to game.

Nathan Ralph still receiving treatment. To me it looks like he has dislocated his shoulder.

Shame we couldn't win out but it makes a good change to not lose in the league for once and I do suspect that at 19:00 tonight a lot of people would have seen an away draw at Burton as a decent result. All things considered.

If anyone wants some comparisons, as compared to where Macclesfield were last season, we have 4 fewer points than they did:

southend v macc stats.jpg

Red = loss, yellow = draw, green = win. Game 19 is where the Sol Effect got going for Macclesfield last season.

southend v macc chart.jpg

We can but hope. Come on, you Shrimpers!

i think we blew that ....

Not as badly as a previous away game at Burton when we were also 1-0 up against 10 men. We lost that 2-1.

As it happens I understand what you mean and kind of feel the same. But we didn't lose and didn't concede a hat full either. Whichever way you look at it, it's an improvement that we can hopefully build on.

One corner doesn't make him a good player??

Correct. And last night he was pretty poor compared to what I’ve seen lately.......but no one looked particularly good in a very very poor game where we simply scrapped our way to a point.

However the highest pass completion rate in the entire squad, the highest successful dribbles in the squad, the highest chances created and a goal and an assist to his name at 19 yrs old in a side struggling how we are would suggest he’s on the right tracks and certainly not a no hoper.

Back