• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Burton Albion v Southend United

I’m liking the players surrounding the ref and showing some passion about the O’Toole incident. It’s saying there’s been some “full blooded challenges from Southend” as well...it’s about bloody time!!! Let’s keep our heads though.

It’s halftime and we are winning!!

Halftime sum up:

Good, no nonsense performance

Clearing everything at the back, no tippy tappy passing.

Hopper hassling everything, got the guy sent off

JD and Mantom impressive in the middle, actual tackles happening

Dieng good

Anyone that says Macca is not League one standard needs to watch him more, when he plays in his natural left wing position, he’s good enough

Good first half from Blues. Hutchinson hasn’t had his best game and hope that with a bit of space opening up he might come into his own in the second half.

Same old Burton, diving around all over the place

Absolutely embarrassing that their support were unhappy with O'Toole getting sent off, he's punched a guy who was already on the floor in the head! Definitely a red.

Great to see some fight in our play, still feel we are a little too slow getting forward but an improvement on the last match I watched.

I’m listening on the radio, but I’m not convinced it’s the right game. The away side are really positive and sound like they are really fit. Their keeper is bored and I don’t know who is playing at the back as I don’t hear them mentioned.
Going to ask for a new radiogram for Xmas

So far, so good.
If Hutchinson can get his foot on the ball and think quicker. If Elvis can stop crosses coming in. If Demetriou can keep his temper in check, then all OK.
The rest are putting in a shift.

Good 1st half performance, we've had a few set pieces some better than others..Hopper (and many others) has been excellent tonight...what has changed?

I’m listening on the radio, but I’m not convinced it’s the right game. The away side are really positive and sound like they are really fit. Their keeper is bored and I don’t know who is playing at the back as I don’t hear them mentioned.
Going to ask for a new radiogram for Xmas
Interestingly the BBC gives stats of 60 -40 possession in favour of Burton, the best stat is the 0-1.

Back