• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I never thought a few weeks ago when Luton was in the top three that we could be above them by seven points and neither of us be in the top three by the end of tomorrow even after a win... Crazy league!

Bury won 6 of last 7, also haven't conceded more than once since boxing day.

I think that is the tougher game than Burton.

I never thought a few weeks ago when Luton was in the top three that we could be above them by seven points and neither of us be in the top three by the end of tomorrow even after a win... Crazy league!
Luton have completely gone off the rails. Didn't see that coming as their home record was so impressive.

There is a certain irony in life that with The Os and Col Ewe heading towards Div 2 we are still looking strong to escape it. Bring on tomorrow.

Does anyone realise how good we are, to totally murdered Dag & Red, when they beaten Plymouth comfortably 2-0?

I know Wycombe beat Shrewsbury last weekend. , but I still think they are the ones we have the best chance of catching.
To me Shrewsbury are the class team in the division and Burton will do enough.
Regardless of the result tomorrow I really think we can catch Wycombe.
Whether we can hold off Bury though .........

Think tonight's results make it an even bigger game tomorrow for both sides. For us we need a win to reclaim 4th and be at the head of the chasing pack, and for Burton a win would put them 5 points clear at the top.

got to get a result tomo now, a defeat tomo would leave us 6 points, although our goal difference makes it 7 points behind the top 3 and thats without Bury involved.

Get a result tomorrow and we are three points behind Wycombe going into Saturdays game and Wycombe are not playing until the following week against Luton. So we could be level on points with them come Saturday... Come on boys!

Phil
You have got to play the same team tom as at Namm on Saturday.
Degnan ready to come on if we need to get a little more physical.
I would bite your hand off now for a draw. However a win would be brilliant.

Burton as some of you say might not be in our league in terms of support and facilites.
However i think they and Shrewsbury (who i think are the best) will go up, and are the best two teams in Div2.
Its between us Wycombe and Bury for the third place.
Time will tell who it is but the Bury away and tom plus Luton at Home are games we cant lose.

Phil
You have got to play the same team tom as at Namm on Saturday.
Degnan ready to come on if we need to get a little more physical.
I would bite your hand off now for a draw. However a win would be brilliant.

Burton as some of you say might not be in our league in terms of support and facilites.
However i think they and Shrewsbury (who i think are the best) will go up, and are the best two teams in Div2.
Its between us Wycombe and Bury for the third place.
Time will tell who it is but the Bury away and tom plus Luton at Home are games we cant lose.

They do train at St. George's park, the best facilities in the country to be fair :winking:

Fingers crossed for a win also, and really think we can do it. But I wouldnt be too downhearted with a draw (unless I get that "Wycombe" feeling again!!) as I strongly believe we will catch the pack on the upcoming matches we face soon such as this weekend with us winning against Cambridge, whilst Bury having to play Northampton on Saturday and Luton having to play Wycombe on Tuesday, both of which of those games i can see either a draw or the lower placed teams sneaking a win.

Anyway, going back to our game, in my opinion, either which way it's going to be a close one, Burton having the 2nd best home record in the league V Southend having the 2nd best away record in the league. Also last 5 games on form, Burton have obtained 9 points and Southend have obtained 8 points (and on last 10 games form Burton = 20 points V Southend = 18 points). But as long as our defence remains solid, I see us sneaking away back on the coach with 3 points in the bag with a 1-0 or 2-1 win.

UTB :happy:

Back