• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well, we have played Burton a few times in the last few years .......... that 1-0 win with Freddy scoring at the end of the game and the 1-0 loss in the play-offs where the rain and the time wasting tactics were the main features come to mind.

Same team again for this game?

It's been a while since we have featured largely unchanged teams for a run of games and for me that is a positive sign even if I think some of the players on the bench could be in the starting XI.

Perhaps there will be a change or two on the bench? Hunt took a knock on Tuesday (which was in front of the Southend fans) but I hope he is available as an option for Brown as we all know he has that little bit extra.

Never ever change a winning team apart from replacing injured players. This team is on the up, leave well alone.:thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with changing a winning team. We brought Coker back into the side after winning and he got an assist and scored the winner.

Normally Id want Hunt back in but cant leave out Pigott after scoring two.

I doubt PB will risk starting Hunt, both from a fitness aspect and because Joseph David Wozencroft Pigott deserves his next 1st team start. Of course, there could be injuries from the Crewe game that mean we have to change the starting 11, Prosser and Timlin spring to mind as potential doubts. Even though I think maybe Wordsworth is due a start, I believe that the bearded one will retain his place, and rough up Burton's football a bit. I'm expecting him to get a yellow and get the one match suspension out of the way.

Again, I'm going for a 1-1 in the forlorn hope that it will spur the team on to prove me wrong and grab yet another three points. I think this will be our toughest test to date by the way.

Keep Hunt on the bench as he is not fully fit yet otherwise only one obvious improvement:Rea in for Plodder.

In their local rag it says Hasselbaink reckons we are a long ball team with two big strikers who like the physical side of the game! Who the hell's he been watching? :nope:

I think it has to be the same team again; like others I would be tempted to start with Hunt, & I would be tempted to try either Westy or Kevan (to do a wing/wide job opposite Wozza) but from match reports and my own indecisiveness I would not know who to drop to the bench from the front or midfield.
Similarly at the back if JW, Rea,Adam and Thommo are all fit again I would not want to have to decide who to change around.
This is a bit like the Crewe game in that we "owe" the Brewers and a result against them will be sweet.
1 nil Blues, Wozza to score, crowd 3,142 with 321 Shrimpers.

In their local rag it says Hasselbaink reckons we are a long ball team with two big strikers who like the physical side of the game! Who the hell's he been watching?

He's either been watching videos of last season with BBBC upfront or he thinks Mooney and the Pig can put it about a bit - whilst Mooney can probably punch above his weight I suspect the Pig is more of an ankle tapper than a dead legger.....

Alternatively he may have thought we were wearing pink at Crewe and mistook Crewe's Route One goal for one of our's?

From Spence on the Brewers board-

Phil Brown. As humble as ever. C*ck.

I can't think of a more dislikeable club than Southend. The circumstances surrounding the Maghoma sending off four years ago, being called a disgrace to the football league and undeserving of our place in the league on their forum for having the audacity to only take a handful of supporters down there for a Friday night game days before Christmas, the aggro we got after beating them in the play off semi final a few years ago, the total disrespect the orange tosser has shown us over the past few years and the way they went about their business at the Pirelli back in March.

Brewers 46 - 0 Southend. Please and thank you

Read more: http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/2071/southend-home-thread#ixzz3nOZULSFw

The feeling is mutual. Horrible bunch of cheating, timewasting *******s. Can't be as confident as them on the scoreline though. Think a point would be a good result.

From Spence on the Brewers board-

Phil Brown. As humble as ever. C*ck.

I can't think of a more dislikeable club than Southend. The circumstances surrounding the Maghoma sending off four years ago, being called a disgrace to the football league and undeserving of our place in the league on their forum for having the audacity to only take a handful of supporters down there for a Friday night game days before Christmas, the aggro we got after beating them in the play off semi final a few years ago, the total disrespect the orange tosser has shown us over the past few years and the way they went about their business at the Pirelli back in March.

Brewers 46 - 0 Southend. Please and thank you

Read more: http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/2071/southend-home-thread#ixzz3nOZULSFw

I found that quite amusing - better than the magnolia type point of view that I come out with!

Can't wait for this... First game since cov away for me. Unchanged unless hunt is fit, then bring him in for pig (harsh I know, but mooney has got to take more of his chances sometime soon)

It's funny how one set of fans can have a diametrically opposed view to another set (us). This is also from the Brewers forum:

Can't stand the Tangoed W****r and his disgracefully cynical and nasty little team.

I am convinced the tactics are practiced on the training ground and instilled by Mr Orange? Hoping for a strong and wise referee to spot that they are a dirty bunch of cloggers who are craftier than a barrel load of monkeys!

It looks like the Brewers fans have sussed us. :winking:

Incredible how they think we are dirty, im certain they have had a player sent off in each of our last four meetings i think

No different from last season people. They are top of the table and doing well, and we're on a bit of a roll and moving up. They didn't like us last season or the season before and it was seriously mutual. Hopefully the football will take everyone's minds off any real dislike and a win there for us will be very satisfying. Somehow, you just know we are going to nick this one, and then their board will go into disbelieving melt-down.

By the way, whilst Burton are not on my Christmas card list they are not in Col Ewe's class for dislikeabilty.

Back