• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
Ok , it's a little early , but given we will be without Prosser , Thompson and presumably Eastwood at the weekend , what line up would people like to see.

Mine :

SMITH ( only joking before some of you combust ! )

BENTLEY
AUGER , PHILLIPS , WHITE , COKER
HURST , LEONARD , CLIFFORD , ATKINSON
CORR , WOODROW

SUBS : SMITH , TIMLIN , PAYNE , REID , STRAKER + 2 ?

I really rate Payne , but away from home against a decent side , I think we need to be solid.

Ok , it's a little early , but given we will be without Prosser , Thompson and presumably Eastwood at the weekend , what line up would people like to see.

Mine :

SMITH ( only joking before some of you combust ! )

BENTLEY
AUGER , PHILLIPS , WHITE , COKER
HURST , LEONARD , CLIFFORD , ATKINSON
CORR , WOODROW

SUBS : SMITH , TIMLIN , PAYNE , REID , STRAKER + 2 ?

I really rate Payne , but away from home against a decent side , I think we need to be solid.

I'd agree with this. The only positive from last night was Woodrow getting a couple of goals. He does seem to be improving game by game.

Another option I guess is playing Corr at CB and Reid upfront with Woodrow.

I can see him fitting Straker in somewhere though........
Maybe LB , with Coker in the centre and Auger on the bench.
Hope not , but let's see

Whist I agree with most of this for me payne has to start, he has that knack of keeping hold of the ball and passing to a blue shirt.. not as easy as it sounds.

Also he looks like the only one of our midlfield that has the ability to run at opposing teams casuing havoc.

Watching him last night showed that he was always wanting the ball and finding space even at 5.2 down .

Bentley

Auger/White Corr White/Phillips Coker

Leonard Clifford

Hurst Payne Atkinson

Woodrow

(Assuming Phillips is injured - even after last night) I'm convinced that BBC is a better CB option than the other donkey's we have available at present, the guy can head the ball, pass the ball and through his one game at the back last year seemed to have better positional awareness than the more experienced defenders. Worth the risk (if there is indeed any!).

Reid clearly isn't good enough therefore why not play the extra attacking midfielder? This would also allow greater attacking freedom for the likes of Hurst and Atkinson - however both Leonard and Clifford would need to be more disciplined in position than normal given it's a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Whist I agree with most of this for me payne has to start, he has that knack of keeping hold of the ball and passing to a blue shirt.. not as easy as it sounds.

Also he looks like the only one of our midlfield that has the ability to run at opposing teams casuing havoc.

Watching him last night showed that he was always wanting the ball and finding space even at 5.2 down .

The opposition were also finding a lot of space behind him (although Clifford was just as guilty).

My XI

Bentley
Auger Phillips White Coker
Atkinson Leonard Timlin
Hurst Corr Woodrow

Subs Smith, Straker, youth team centre-half, Clifford, Payne, Reid + AN Other

What's happened to Pinnock and Seedy Nige?

The opposition were also finding a lot of space behind him (although Clifford was just as guilty).

My XI

Bentley
Auger Phillips White Coker
Atkinson Leonard Timlin
Hurst Corr Woodrow

Subs Smith, Straker, youth team centre-half, Clifford, Payne, Reid + AN Other

What's happened to Pinnock and Seedy Nige?

That would be my team but I'd switch Timlin and Clifford. Timlin = great off the ball, **** on it.

Bentley

Auger - Phillips - White - Coker

Hurst - Leonard - Clifford - Payne

Corr - Woodrow​

As much as i'd love to see Ryan Auger make his long awaited + thoroughly deserving debut , i think Brown will keep this future top player under the radar for a bit longer..... but for my money i'd go for

BENTLEY
AUGER PHILLIPS WHITE COKER
HURST LEONARD ATKINSON CLIFFORD WOODROW
CORR

this keeps the midfield/forward the same as saturday at Oxford, so this gives continuity to the system that meant we bossed that game so well

That would be my team but I'd switch Timlin and Clifford. Timlin = great off the ball, **** on it.

Don't you mean great on the ball but **** off of it?

It was Timlin who played the best pass of last night and Clifford the worst.

Clifford played 1 bad pass all night and it wasn't the worst, Prosser's bad header to Smith was far worse.

Nope. Your 2 examples are correct but his constant giving the ball away last night just wound me up. Most players were guilty of that though. Also Clifford was my personal MOTM against Oxford so wouldn't want to change that.

The few minutes Corr was on for in the JPT was i believe someone said on here as CB, just perhaps that may have been a fore runner to this weekends game versus Burton .

He replaced prosser, but was actually up front and we went with one centre half. It still improved our defence

Back