• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Burton Albion vs Southend Utd Tues 3rd December 2019. 19:45 ko.

What's your starting 11 for Tuesday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hump and Mantom will figure in Sol's team & squad, maybe Mantom starting and Hump being a sub coming on after 60 minutes. These are 2 players he wants to evaluate in play.
Otherwise I don't see much change from the starting line against Ox (with Mantom replacing Taylor in starting 11).

I have put Hutch in "my" starting line up BUT I expect Milligan will get another try; however with Mantom there is more running about if no more bite.

I'll be interested to see how Sol sets the team up and who he selects. I'm expecting a 0-3 defeat as I am for all remaining games. So anything better would be amazing.

I think we may make the switch to a back 4.

The back 5 hasn't made us tougher to beat and we looked much better after the subs v Oxford.

Hutchinson will come in: he's key to how Sol wants us to play. Maybe pair him with Milligan and Mantom.

Hopper is the focal point of the attack. McLaughlin and, if Humprhys isn't quite fit enough, Goodship out wide.

No matter what league you are in, you need a cohesive side that understands the role they need to play, and are capable of fulfilling the remit. Liverpool are a good example. Superb team play, high energy, even higher confidence and everyone knows their job. Do I think, man for man, Liverpool have the best squad in the premiership? No. But they currently have the best team and the instructions suit the players.

Sol needs to show he can manage. He needs to instruct the players and heed their ability. We have some talent and it needs to be able to express itself. I hope Sol takes off the tactical shackles that stifle our players and asks too much of them. We are good enough to be out of this mire but only good enough to do it with league 1 tactics.

Hutch is a must. He represents the only flair and vision we possess. He needs a protector next to him.

SAM Mantom and Stephen Humphrys are both back in Southend United's squad for tomorrow's trip to Burton Albion.

More...

4-4-2 oxley elvis, dieng milligan, ralph
demi. kiernan, hamilton, hutchinson
hopper, cox
subs . bishop,taylor, mantom,mclaughlin,Harrison,acquah,shagnasty.

Humphreys not harrison grr and hoping we can scrap at least a draw.

One of our CM's will be out through injury. I had better not say in case Burton are watching and change their team to suit. :Winking:

SOUTHEND United’s on-loan midfielder Ethan Hamilton is doubtful for tomorrow's clash at Burton Albion after picking up a groin injury.

More...

Oxley
Bwomono - Dieng - Kiernan - Ralph
Demetriou - Mantom - Hutchinson - McLaughlin
Hopper - Cox

4 at the back, diamond midfield for width, experience .. Demi (the one we saw vs Scotland) and Macca to whip in crosses, Hutch driving through the middle. I’d have Humphrys on the bench to bring on. Acquah, Rush, Taylor perhaps. Lennon? Definitely Milligan in case Mantom can’t last the 90. Ndukwu as Demi will probably be blowing out his arse after 60 mins. Recall for the big Ox.

I’ll now pass the crack pipe, 0-3.

Oxley
Bwomono - Dieng - Kiernan - Ralph
Demetriou - Mantom - Hutchinson - McLaughlin
Hopper - Cox

4 at the back, diamond midfield for width, experience .. Demi (the one we saw vs Scotland) and Macca to whip in crosses, Hutch driving through the middle. I’d have Humphrys on the bench to bring on. Acquah, Rush, Taylor perhaps. Lennon? Definitely Milligan in case Mantom can’t last the 90. Ndukwu as Demi will probably be blowing out his arse after 60 mins. Recall for the big Ox.

I’ll now pass the crack pipe, 0-3.

Yep that looks like our best bet to me :Thumbs up:

---------------------------------BISHOP--------------------------
ELVIS------------MILLIGAN--------------KIERNAN--------RALPH
DEMITRIOU------HUTCHINSON-------MANTOM------MCLAUGHLIN
-------------------------COX-----HOPPER---------------------------

HUMPHRYS, RUSH , NDUKWU, DIENG, OXLEY , EGBRI , GOODSHIP

Back