• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Burton Albion vs Southend Utd Tues 3rd December 2019. 19:45 ko.

What's your starting 11 for Tuesday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
---------------------------------BISHOP--------------------------
ELVIS------------MILLIGAN--------------KIERNAN--------RALPH
DEMITRIOU------HUTCHINSON-------MANTOM------MCLAUGHLIN
-------------------------COX-----HOPPER---------------------------

HUMPHRYS, RUSH , NDUKWU, DIENG, OXLEY , EGBRI , GOODSHIP
That back 4 will give me nightmares till the end of time.

SOL Campbell feels Southend United will have to be ‘bright’ if they are to win at Burton Albion tonight.

More...

That back 4 will give me nightmares till the end of time.
The centre back pairing and non tackling centre midfield is worrying.
Still we all see different things in players and Sol may want to do formations, teams not tried before as what has been tried hasn't worked.

SOUTHEND United manager Sol Campbell feels the Shrimpers have made the most of an enforced break in their season.

More...

Can;t see anything but a loss tonight , 5 weeks worth of fitness should see us compete for longer periods in games so ill go for a 2-1 loss

SOUTHEND United manager Sol Campbell is backing Richard Taylor to bounce back from his difficult League debut.

More...

I think this will be Sol's first win, players need to either show what they've got so they can stay or show someone else that they have the potential to play elsewhere. I reckon he'll start Oxley for some reason

Ox
Elvis kiernan dieng Ralph
Dimi mantom macca
Hutch
Hopper goodship

Cox, rush and some other subs

3-1 southend

Oxley
Elvis Kiernan Dieng Ralph
Mantom Milligan
Macca Cox Hutchinson
Hopper
4231 Should provide more cover for Milligans lack of legs.
5 at the back isn't working, we need to try and score.
If Hyam is fit, would start him over Mantom however let's face it, he is still recovering after 8 mins vs Sunderland.

Can;t see anything but a loss tonight , 5 weeks worth of fitness should see us compete for longer periods in games so ill go for a 2-1 loss

We managed 57 seconds before it was game over last time. But I know what what you mean.

We managed 57 seconds before it was game over last time. But I know what what you mean.

And I think that early body blow is what really done for us. Oxford were tidy and organised but nothing special. There were a few glimpses of our ability on the ball and if we hadn't conceded so early, destroying confidence, I think we would have given them more of a game. When, you are where we are, it only takes 57 seconds to rip up a game plan and ruin all the hard work going into the game.

No repeat of that tonight and I predict a hard fought encounter. Can't be sure of the score, or of a win, but I think we will see progress.

SOL Campbell feels Southend United will have to be ‘bright’ if they are to win at Burton Albion tonight.

More...
That's a bit like saying they'll have to be Real Madrid.
Poor bloke: he's looking for ways to keep them on their toes, but he knows/they know/we know, that transfer window is the last vestige of hope.
Still, we won there last season.

Stop fannying around playing out from the back. The midfielder's dont want it. That's what ****ed Taylor and Dieng, absolutely no option to come and recieve the ball so by definition we cant play out from the back.

Get it forward and press. Play the game in their half for christ sake

Bish

Elvis Taylor Dieng Ralph

Mantom Milligan

McLauglin Cox Hutchinson

Hopper​

Back