• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no you're all right, let us stand there in silence and not give the team any backing at all

forgive me for showing some passion...
Nothing wrong with showing passion clearly, telling those that don't want to sing to **** off however is a little bit over the top.

We will play five in the middle, so will they, I think. upshot, tight game. When the chances come they have to be taken. can see this being 0 0, with it all to decide at the Hall.

stand up and sing up else F*** off imo... this is the playoffs we need to be the twelfth man more than ever! If your there to stand and watch and not vocally support then don't bother!

We are the Blue Voice. We are the twelfth man. We are going up.

Come on you Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuues,like that you mean?

Oh no you're all right, let us stand there in silence and not give the team any backing at all

I think you are bang out of order. We will all get behind the team, but I'm in the seats with my kids so standing up and going crazy for 90 mins won't be allowed. Should I therefore not go?

as for passion and support, 35 years this season, including tomorrow my 73 new ground. To have followed southend for that many years over thousands of miles takes a lot of passion and commitment. So please don't tell us to f-off just because we may not sing constantly for 90 mins.

Way to go to bring massive and division to the thread having a go at our own supporters :facepalm:

Not everyone who goes to football wants to sing songs, Ive never sung a song in 34 years of football, I guess I shouldnt ever bother going again.

Well done to the 1700 people who queued for hours to get tickets and making the 350 mile trip for a 12pm kick off, whether you scream your head off or not because that shows passion to me.

Im sure the Southend fans will created plenty of noise, even if some do just want to watch the match.

As for the game, its going to be a tight one Im sure, if we can get a draw that will be great, but nicking a 1-0 would mean them having to try to play next week.

Oh dear Lenny. There's still a chance to redeem yourself here. We're all Southend fans after all. 41 years following them and once I got out of my teens I left the vocals to others (apart from haranguing Barrett !)

Had two people wishing us luck so far today. One recognised the shirt, the other was a Mansfield fan who wished us luck. No joy so far on a pub showing the game. Looks like PC stream to me.

Oh dear Lenny. There's still a chance to redeem yourself here. We're all Southend fans after all. 41 years following them and once I got out of my teens I left the vocals to others (apart from haranguing Barrett !)

Had two people wishing us luck so far today. One recognised the shirt, the other was a Mansfield fan who wished us luck. No joy so far on a pub showing the game. Looks like PC stream to me.

As you can't get to the game you are not a real fan.:winking:

I think you are bang out of order. We will all get behind the team, but I'm in the seats with my kids so standing up and going crazy for 90 mins won't be allowed. Should I therefore not go?

as for passion and support, 35 years this season, including tomorrow my 73 new ground. To have followed southend for that many years over thousands of miles takes a lot of passion and commitment. So please don't tell us to f-off just because we may not sing constantly for 90 mins.

Well said sir.

Lenny, support comes in many shapes, colours and sounds. Wear Blue ( bought at the club not snide), stand when appropriate, shout individual encouragement went the player is close ( side/ goal line) , applaud, join in with a song if "you" want AND be a pal to the other supporters by not being an unpleasant sort who puts others off going to support The Team. OK?

stand up and sing up else F*** off imo... this is the playoffs we need to be the twelfth man more than ever! If your there to stand and watch and not vocally support then don't bother!

I would suggest that you didn't really mean the above and just got carried away. What you meant was that we want the team to put in 100% so as supportees so should we. So if you are some one who doesn't normally sing, but deep down wants to then. this is the time to dig deep and find your voice. If you normally sing make sure this is a match where you sing your heart out. Go home knowing that you gave your best,whatever that may be.

Personally I am hoping that the score and performance dictates the following.

Wembeeeeeery Wemberleeeeey
Can we play you every week (think of the atmosphere)
2-0 and you xxxxxx it up

I'm quite sure all those going will give their support 100%, however they choose to show it. I may join in with the odd chant but I'm happier with a random call out of "Come ON, Southend!" or something similar. After 41 years of supporting the team, home and away, I'll support the team in my way and not be dictated to by anyone else.

I would suggest that you didn't really mean the above and just got carried away. What you meant was that we want the team to put in 100% so as supportees so should we. So if you are some one who doesn't normally sing, but deep down wants to then. this is the time to dig deep and find your voice. If you normally sing make sure this is a match where you sing your heart out. Go home knowing that you gave your best,whatever that may be.

Personally I am hoping that the score and performance dictates the following.

Wembeeeeeery Wemberleeeeey
Can we play you every week (think of the atmosphere)
2-0 and you xxxxxx it up

Yes, at least somebody understands where I was coming from!

Im im not telling anyone to f-off, I just remember Crewe two years ago standing at the back with the drum and an old couple Moaning and sat in their given seats infront of the drum and then moaned when it was loud?!?!?!?! Of course it's loud it's a drum!

In fairness I was drunk when I wrote that last night. Just showing some passion as I cannot wait for tomorrow

but as usual people seem to nitpick at anything said and just take it to heart!

As a matter of interest how many of the away games have you done all season before we go much further?

I admire the passion but singing as a very individual thing, some people do and other dont want to. Anyone who makes the effort to go is supporting the team. I personally tend to sing based on the people around me , if everyone sings I do, if not then i dont. Fleetwood away started well for noise but as game turned into a pretty much drab affair it all went a bit quiet. The players on the pitch then need to spark the crowd again.

Oi stop all this nonsense. ...southend UNITED.....all of us together, a passion inflamed post shouldnt split us......chill
True this.

Just been on the Brewers Talk site and they are pretty much united....in the opinion that they are not going up.
They don't score goals, then have 11 defenders and hope to sneak a 1-0 win. If we start with pace and get in their faces and get an early lead they will have to change their game plan and will be there for the taking.

As a matter of interest how many of the away games have you done all season before we go much further?

I admire the passion but singing as a very individual thing, some people do and other dont want to. Anyone who makes the effort to go is supporting the team. I personally tend to sing based on the people around me , if everyone sings I do, if not then i dont. Fleetwood away started well for noise but as game turned into a pretty much drab affair it all went a bit quiet. The players on the pitch then need to spark the crowd again.

Roughly 17, which seeing as I have to travel back from uni to go, isn't a bad attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back