• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Can't believe one of these threads hasn't been started already - there's a game TONIGHT people!

Will be interesting to see what defence Brown chooses tonight, changes are enforced with Binnom-Williams suspended and now that Sokolik has returned to Yeovil probably the most obvious change is to return to the defence that served us so well during our unbeaten run with Thompson at right-back and John White at left-back. There is also the possibility of Coker getting an early recall, but with him not even playing a development friendly yet I reckon he may have to settle for a place on the bench.

The midfield is also a bit of a conundrum with O'Toole failing to impress so far and really offering no more than the other options available to us e.g. Atkinson, Leonard, Clifford and even Deegan.

My team for tonight would be:

Bentley

Thompson Bolger Prosser White

Worrall Leonard Timlin Weston

Payne

Corr

Subs: Smith, Coker, Clifford, Deegan, Atkinson, O'Toole, Coulthirst​

Can't believe one of these threads hasn't been started already - there's a game TONIGHT people!

Will be interesting to see what defence Brown chooses tonight, changes are enforced with Binnom-Williams suspended and now that Sokolik has returned to Yeovil probably the most obvious change is to return to the defence that served us so well during our unbeaten run with Thompson at right-back and John White at left-back. There is also the possibility of Coker getting an early recall, but with him not even playing a development friendly yet I reckon he may have to settle for a place on the bench.

The midfield is also a bit of a conundrum with O'Toole failing to impress so far and really offering no more than the other options available to us e.g. Atkinson, Leonard, Clifford and even Deegan.

Bentley

Payne

Corr

Corr imo needs to play in a 2 so I would plump for Coulthirst with Jack just behind him.Defo no long stuff just play too feet.

Who would you drop?

Corr all day long,bring him on the last 20 to put himself about if required.

Noticed Burton have collected 12 points from 9 games against the current top 10 as opposed to our 5 points from 8,We need to win this one.

Corr all day long,bring him on the last 20 to put himself about if required.

Noticed Burton have collected 12 points from 9 games against the current top 10 as opposed to our 5 points from 8,We need to win this one.

Not sure I feel comfortable with this but I actually agree with your suggestion for tonight:winking:

for me,

bentley
Leonard Clifford
Worrall Payne Hurst
Corr

tho brown may swap clifford for deegan :smile: 1-0 blues

Lets give Hurst a recall

Bentley
Worrall Leonard Timlin Hurst
Payne
Corr

Subs P Smith Coker Atkinson Deegan Weston Coulthirst O'Toole.

I think Coker will play tonight. He's been training for a few weeks and he's fairly fit naturally so I reckon PB will play him.

Bentley
White, Bolger, Prosser, Coker

Worrall, Leonard, Timlin, Hurst

Payne

Corr

I'd go with this:

Bentley
Leonard Timlin
Worrall Payne Hurst
Corr

Subs: Smith, Matsuzaka, Deegan, Bridge, Atkinson, Weston, Coulthirst

Back to Northampton: O'Toole

Bentley
Worrall Leonard Deegan Hurst
Payne
Corr​

If we're losing or drawing with 20-25 minutes to go I'd like to see Coulthirst given a proper run-out. He's hardly had a look in recently and his pace would give the Burton defence a very different threat to Corr. Surely a better option from the bench than Weston.

Can't believe people want Hurst to start - if it was the Hurst that we had last season, then I'd agree, but the 2014-15 model has been woeful every game I've seen him - including the 45 minutes he played last Saturday! Doesn't even deserve a place on the bench IMHO

Can't believe people want Hurst to start - if it was the Hurst that we had last season, then I'd agree, but the 2014-15 model has been woeful every game I've seen him - including the 45 minutes he played last Saturday! Doesn't even deserve a place on the bench IMHO

Got to disagree with you shrimpergarry.
Could not go last Saturday but been to most other games.
Hurst has not been woeful in every game.
Hurst has been showing signs of getting back to last seasons form.
He gives a better attacking threat than Weston and is a much more all round player.
Him and Worrall with Payne just behind Corr give us our best attacking threat

Play anyone that had the pain of losing to this lot in the playoffs. They'll be no need for a team talk.

For me it was a straight choice between him and Weston. I think Weston is a decent player but he's better for us away from home when he has more space for his pace to exploit. I agree with Sleapheadsteve that recently Hurst has been showing some signs of getting back to some sort of form and in home games I think the guile of Hurst is better for us than the pace of Weston.

Bentley

Payne

Corr

Probably that it's all the referee's fault.

Hurst played well at Tranmere.

Play anyone that had the pain of losing to this lot in the playoffs. They'll be no need for a team talk.

Good point.

Hurst played well at Tranmere.

I didn't go to Tranmere so can't comment on his performance then, but last Saturday I was so disappointed with the way he played. He was given the whole of the second half to make an impact but I can't recall one decent cross, he looked unfit, failed to chase back and his shooting was way off target.

I have been one of Weston's biggest critics, but his movement and run for our goal last week were excellent.

To be honest I'd be happier with Atkinson in the side than either of them on current form though!

I'm going for a 2-1 win to Burton tonight but hope I'm wrong, hard to predict the crowd but I will go for 5,960, 302 from Burton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back