• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Four bloody one AGAIN!!! Four bloody one. Why do we keep conceding all these bloody goals away from ho...

Wait...

What!!???

:blush:

:stunned:

:happy::happy:

Bury FC 1 -4 Southend United

SOUTHEND United stormed back to winning ways with an emphatic 4-1 victory*at Bury this afternoon.

More...

Bury FC 1 -4 Southend United

This was certainly not the scoreline any of us were really expecting, but I'll settle for my expectations being exceeded this week. Well done Phil and the team, great result.

Another fine result on the road. Well done the lads and indeed the gaffer.

Well that was a nice scoreline to get off of my cruise to Mexico. Great that Ranger grabbed a brace and Cox hit the score sheet. The team seems to be gelling nicely and hopefully no Brown Out threads for awhile :happy:

But the players hate Phil Brown and are playing to get him the sack I just don't understand how we are a couple of points off the play offs, amazing when you consider this coupled with Phil Brown being the worst manager in world football... amazing times.

Interesting post match comment from Phil, that he put one of the reasons for today's success was how they travelled. Instead of a 7-8 hour coach journey they took the 11am train and got there at 13.30. Good job Virgin trains didn't let them down, but the point was that it is more comfortable, not to mention quicker for the team.

Wasn't there, didn't listen to it on the radio or BP. No one deserves more than 10

Interesting post match comment from Phil, that he put one of the reasons for today's success was how they travelled. Instead of a 7-8 hour coach journey they took the 11am train and got there at 13.30. Good job Virgin trains didn't let them down, but the point was that it is more comfortable, not to mention quicker for the team.

7 or 8 hour coach journey?! Not sure what route PB generally takes to Bury but it's not the one I'd use..

Don't forget the coach breaks down halfway!

Anyway, what happened to us going up the night before and staying at Bolton's ground!

But the players hate Phil Brown and are playing to get him the sack I just don't understand how we are a couple of points off the play offs, amazing when you consider this coupled with Phil Brown being the worst manager in world football... amazing times.

No same old, same old. We know PB can't sign a striker he can score, indeed all his signings are woeful. And I was assured Michael Timlin had played his last game for the club so who is this new signing with the same surname?

i think so much is going to depend on injuries- if we get and keep key players fit then the playoffs are real. If not it's mid table. To me if Cox and Ranger play regularly then our goal threat if much improved on last year and this can be the difference. Tims also makes a big difference but with Wordsworth on form hopefully plenty of selection headaches lie ahead.

Aanyway with two home games coming up, one against Bradford, the table could look very interesting in two weeks time. For now 3x nearer the playoffs the the drop zone and that for sure is progress.

They made sure I don't work on Saturdays. :smile:

Just on the way back from what would be the first away game of the season, boy what a game to pick . We were fairly comfortable and crusing been 2 nil up when the excuse of a ref gave the worst penalty decision ive seen in a long time. The next twenty minutes they battered us we couldnt get near them . A key moment was white blocking a goal bound shot just before going off. The 4th goal was the most telling once we got it that was it . Yes ranger was the difference today. Overall a great away day treat and still cant get the "twist and shout " chant out my head. Shout out to the fellow shrimpers that made the long jouney UTB

Back