• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bury & Bolton points deficit

With the CVA agreed today to try to tackle Bury’s finances, both they and Bolton will start the season on -12 points.
Terrible for their fans and manager plus whoever they have left on playing or club staff. I don't believe that this is the end of their troubles.

Shouldn't the EFL be punishing themselves considering it's come out that Bury's owner was allowed to takeover the club despite the fact he never bothered to provide the required documentation for the 'fit and proper' test?

BURY will start the League One season with a 12-point deduction after entering a Company Voluntary Agreement, the EFL has announced.

More...

One of these clubs may not make it through the season, both may crash into and through Div2.
I know some may have a chuckle at their demise but I believe our league system is better served by having them as live clubs rather than becoming dust and memories such as the way Darlington and Rushden & D went.

One of these clubs may not make it through the season, both may crash into and through Div2.
I know some may have a chuckle at their demise but I believe our league system is better served by having them as live clubs rather than becoming dust and memories such as the way Darlington and Rushden & D went.

English football is so wrong, clubs like Chelsea,Man City break wage structure and get small punishments, their supporters will not miss out, maybe no new player or two for a season or so, but their squads are big enough to cover and the fine is a token to them

Smaller clubs living on scraps are badgered out and the supporters are the losers, most players will pick up a club along the way, but those that have paid week in week out have nothing left to support, be interested if we got 12 point deduction how long the crowds would stay at 6 k, if we had a bad start ,which then puts more pressure on the club financially add a bad winter ,games cancelled no income , it would be the start of the end for us

I am looking at Tamplin with his signings, not sure how the wages work there and are they within league rules without being scrutinised ?

Its why we follow the smaller club, must be boring signing any and everyone and playing week in and out to finish at best third place in Premier, at least we get Promotion, play offs and relegation to play for each season

Fully agree Blueronron, the current league ladder and finances are, in many cases killing small clubs and alienating supporters of the non fashionable clubs left in the shadows and feeding off scraps. I thought Oldham were folding (as Stockport did) a few season's back but have just survived for now.
Okay it is fair to say Lincoln and Tranmere (and the Ewes/Borient)have made it back and will have learnt a lot from it; which is what I think we (RON) did after our brush with calamity and then the miracle rejuvenation of Mr Sturrock.
And the damage done to the Home Nation sides can not be measured; but I wonder if many, like me, consider the wholesale buying and playing of "Johnie Foreigner", quick fix gratification, the main reason the talent isn't there for Southgate etc to select.

In Conf League, Clubs submit a budget preseason and accounts during the season believe on a quarterly basis) to the league to oversee. Tamplin can pay what he likes if highly doubtful it’s his money although second half of last season several players were being paid late and left the club and a couple were forced out.

I've said it before, it's amazing how a lot of lower league clubs still exist. Many (like our own) run at a massive defecit. In any other walk of life, the business would fold.

Fully agree Blueronron, the current league ladder and finances are, in many cases killing small clubs and alienating supporters of the non fashionable clubs left in the shadows and feeding off scraps. I thought Oldham were folding (as Stockport did) a few season's back but have just survived for now.
Okay it is fair to say Lincoln and Tranmere (and the Ewes/Borient)have made it back and will have learnt a lot from it; which is what I think we (RON) did after our brush with calamity and then the miracle rejuvenation of Mr Sturrock.
And the damage done to the Home Nation sides can not be measured; but I wonder if many, like me, consider the wholesale buying and playing of "Johnie Foreigner", quick fix gratification, the main reason the talent isn't there for Southgate etc to select.

Perhaps like the IPL cricket sign the "overseas" player but not all can play at one time, this releases home breed players into the team and they learn from them

Though I feel the fragile state of the so called superstars in football would not want bench warmer or understand they are bringing a better game to the paying public

You only have to look at Neymar transfer saga both to PSG and now a way back to Barcelona, so wrong on so many counts

2 down, 21 to go and we could make the playoffs!

Still remember the Bury fans mocking us when we thought we’d got in the playoffs, only for Millwall scum getting a late winner.

Bye Bye Bury !! Lol!!

Ive said many times that only a certain amount of foriegners should be allowed to take the field at the same time for their club ,that there should be a quota of English born players on the field at any given time during the match 6 to 5 ,i think is good .sign as many foriegners as they like.

Just 12 months ago we were 22 minutes away from making the World Cup final.

Just 12 months ago we were 22 minutes away from making the World Cup final.

Indeed we were, but the route we took was fortuitous. When we came up against a team of any real quality we were shown up. England are moving in the right direction but there's a way to go yet.

2 down, 21 to go and we could make the playoffs!

Still remember the Bury fans mocking us when we thought we’d got in the playoffs, only for Millwall scum getting a late winner.

Bye Bye Bury !! Lol!!

Or when Bury beat us on the final day of the season a couple of years back, only to be deducted the win by the EFL, and the 3 points given to us as they fielded a non registered player.

As you say... Bye Bye Bury!!

Back