• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bury & Bolton points deficit

When are we scheduled to play Bury
hope we can do the same at our home game against them should it be cancelled.

I think if they have one more game cancelled then it's curtains.

When does the transfer window close for EFL clubs?

They can't sign any players at the moment, and most of their squad has already left. So if they are still in this position come window closing they would have to rely on free agents and youth players.

It's not looking good.

So 9th September could be the final day for Bury in theit current guise. Let's hope not.

It can't go that long. That would mean explusion from the EFL Cup and a six game fixture pile up.

The noises coming out of the club are bellicose, to the point of blaming the EFL. The fact is, whilst the club can't meet (or prove it can meet) its football debts, the League wont let them play. Not sure how the CVA effects this, or even if it does at all.

Ironic, or sad, that the club that had (has?) the Neville Neville stand and Jill Neville as company secretary for many a year is financially bust whereas their two kids are chucking silly money into Salford City.

3 months ago when they got promoted, wonder if their fans had any idea of the serious situation which was unfolding at the club?.

3 months ago when they got promoted, wonder if their fans had any idea of the serious situation which was unfolding at the club?.

Does any fan BBBL, we live on lies, half truths, rumours and a wing and a prayer when following a lower club, it's what makes us supporters come each week

Who knows for us new stadium or court order each month, as long as we can support our team and at times other teams in dire financially positions, then we can enjoy our sport and keep the guessing game going

They were well aware, there's a fundraising page called Buy Our Bury that outlines all the problems Bury faced last year, including staff not being paid for weeks. It's a miracle that they got promoted.

https://www.buyourbury.com/index.php/about-bury-and-bob/

The Bury FC squad not only continued to play without wages, they played their hearts out and ensured the club’s promotion for the sake of their own pride and for the fans.

No one witnessing their celebrations or watching the post-match interviews with the manager and players can be left in any doubt about their dedication and professionalism.

The tearful emotion at the final whistle was full of joy, but that joy is tinged with fear and grief that the club may not survive another two weeks.

Perhaps if they went after the former Chairman who raped the club in some complex loan and asset stripping scams, they might get some much needed money back.

Having a look around their forums, the view seems to be this has something to do with the changing of prices and the effect that has on STH who've already purchased.

Possibly takeover related??

What Accrington have done is a great gesture however why should they do it? Bury have signed players on big wages etc for years and gained promotion from it etc. Why should any fellow clubs donate money to them etc?

I appreciate how rubbish this is for fans and club staff but for the people who run the club and sign these players etc, I don't feel sorry for them and certainly wouldn't give them my money.

What Accrington have done is a great gesture however why should they do it? Bury have signed players on big wages etc for years and gained promotion from it etc. Why should any fellow clubs donate money to them etc?

I appreciate how rubbish this is for fans and club staff but for the people who run the club and sign these players etc, I don't feel sorry for them and certainly wouldn't give them my money.
I don't think the Accrington fans gesture is aimed at Bury football Club per se, Matty. Donations made at that supporters game will go into one of the various pots the fans now have going to raise money to help out the staff of Bury (those that are still left) that have not been paid for a long time and yet are still working at the club. The Bury fans really care and are doing whatever they can to save their club, exactly as we would do if we were in the state they are in. The relationship between the Bury Chairman and the supporters is now on a par with that which Blackpool fans had with the Oystons, extreme hatred.

Just been announced that Bury's third fixture has been called off. Very sad.

Just been announced that Bury's third fixture has been called off. Very sad.

And gave them a two week deadline. I think this is their death knell sadly.

Lets hope they come back as Bury AFC and are playing Lg1 football again in 10 years.

In fairness, Accrington (Stanley) went bust in the 1960s so their fans will be familiar with the situation at Bury.

Back