• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pancake

Youth Team
Good Evening and congratulations on your win this afternoon

I'm glad both our teams have leapfrogged Wycombe

It comes down to next week and

I wish you all the best

Fear not which ever team finishes 4th . I think they will be playoff Champions

I make your lot favorites ( Obviously )

Luckily the Luton keeper did us a favour today and gifted us a goal, otherwise you would be favourites.

Tranmere are relegated so they have nothing to pay for but pride so we have to get the win at Morecambe still to guarantee promotion, next week will certainly be a nervy one.

You must be feeling quite flat Panc.... oh, forget it...

:stunned:

You know i've used this name on the Bury forum for 4 years and never heard that

In a way YES . We failed to pick up any points against Dag and Red . Oxford and Morecambe so we have ourselves to blame .

But i am certain you can tell me games where you haven't played well in over the season

However look at where we were 22 months ago , Hours away from having to do a Darlington so to be here now Playoffs is reasonable and about where we should be

We have had plenty of wobbles, we didnt win a game in October, and even recently we seemed to be slipping away, then bang 7 wins in a row. Luckily we hit form just at the right time, just need to finish the job against our bogey team, never beaten them in the league.

We have had plenty of wobbles, we didnt win a game in October, and even recently we seemed to be slipping away, then bang 7 wins in a row. Luckily we hit form just at the right time, just need to finish the job against our bogey team, never beaten them in the league.

Which means " Southend Are due a HUGE win against Morecambe"

Which means " Southend Are due a HUGE win against Morecambe"

Hi ya Pancake, good to see you on here. We haven't done huge wins all season but we are quite good at 1-0 (as you well know!). It's going to be tough for all of us next week, but that is the beauty of football.

Hi ya Pancake, good to see you on here. We haven't done huge wins all season but we are quite good at 1-0 (as you well know!). It's going to be tough for all of us next week, but that is the beauty of football.

Aye .

The pending suspension of Coker has been well received our end as many thought he was your best defender .

Aye .

The pending suspension of Coker has been well received our end as many thought he was your best defender .
I'd be very surprised if it isn't rescinded on appeal, fortunately for us! May the best team win!

Was it another league 2 official shocker?
Heavily influenced by a large away following and being surrounded by a lot of Luton players I think. It was a cynical challenge but there was at least one other defender covering and the attacker was headed away from goal. Hopefully we can both not have to put up with them next season!

Heavily influenced by a large away following and being surrounded by a lot of Luton players I think. It was a cynical challenge but there was at least one other defender covering and the attacker was headed away from goal. Hopefully we can both not have to put up with them next season!

I snapped my Ligament in 2006 so to keep in the game I completed my referee badges. I have been angered by the level of officials this year

basic principle is
foul- Accidental
Booking - Careless ( or excessive fouls)
Red - Excessive force , Reckless or inexcusable conduct

They haven't followed this principle widespread across the division - yes we all say they even out but in big games like yours today you expect proper refs

Flickers ( Our gaffer) has repeatedly asked for professional referees for League 1 and 2

I snapped my Ligament in 2006 so to keep in the game I completed my referee badges. I have been angered by the level of officials this year

basic principle is
foul- Accidental
Booking - Careless ( or excessive fouls)
Red - Excessive force , Reckless or inexcusable conduct

They haven't followed this principle widespread across the division - yes we all say they even out but in big games like yours today you expect proper refs

Flickers ( Our gaffer) has repeatedly asked for professional referees for League 1 and 2

Small wonder that footballers get away with spoiling the game so much. How can a professional footballer be deemed to have 'accidentally' fouled someone? What that actually means is "I'm not good enough to be held responsible for what I committed to do". A deliberate foul should always be a yellow card, but so often referees hide behind the "accidental" excuse for fear of spoiling the game with too many cards. So instead we have to watch the game spoiled by cheats illegally fouling players who are better than them.

Coker absolutely deserved to leave the pitch for his foul yesterday, it was cynical. Under the laws of the game I don't know if a red was warranted, but it was the type of foul which time and time again causes me to ask why we don't have a sin bin system like rugby and hockey.

Small wonder that footballers get away with spoiling the game so much. How can a professional footballer be deemed to have 'accidentally' fouled someone? What that actually means is "I'm not good enough to be held responsible for what I committed to do". A deliberate foul should always be a yellow card, but so often referees hide behind the "accidental" excuse for fear of spoiling the game with too many cards. So instead we have to watch the game spoiled by cheats illegally fouling players who are better than them.

Coker absolutely deserved to leave the pitch for his foul yesterday, it was cynical. Under the laws of the game I don't know if a red was warranted, but it was the type of foul which time and time again causes me to ask why we don't have a sin bin system like rugby and hockey.

I'm sorry, but it should only have been a red if it was stopping a goal scoring opportunity. It's your opinion someone should get sent off for a cynical foul, not the rules, so he didn't deserve to go (as I believe there was cover) and if a player should be sent off for every cynical foul they do, we'd have games finishing 7-a-side.

Btw an example of an "accidentally" fouling someone, in my opinion, is when a player makes a genuine attempt to tackle a player, but commits a foul instead, happens all the time.

I do agree with you regarding the sin bins, but knowing how picky some refs are, we could end up with more players in a sin bin than on the pitch; now that would be interesting :smile:

Funnily enough, when there's a sin bin involved, players start behaving themselves. I umpire hockey at the same level as League 1 in football, and I can tell you for a fact that when you make players concentrate more on their tackling you get a much more open, skillful game.

I agree that Cokers foul technically wasn't a red card - that wasn't my argument. But his foul was deliberate and cynical and for that IMHO he should be made to leave the pitch - my argument is that the rules need changing to do that.

Funnily enough, when there's a sin bin involved, players start behaving themselves. I umpire hockey at the same level as League 1 in football, and I can tell you for a fact that when you make players concentrate more on their tackling you get a much more open, skillful game.

I agree that Cokers foul technically wasn't a red card - that wasn't my argument. But his foul was deliberate and cynical and for that IMHO he should be made to leave the pitch - my argument is that the rules need changing to do that.

Back