• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bury my heart at wounded knee

steveo

mine to stay the same please
This was on the box a few weeks ago and I missed it. Made by HBO who did the super Band of Brothers, did anyone watch it? Was it any good?

The Sopranos is the the best TV show ever.

I still wish I knew what had happened to Tony though.

The Sopranos is the the best TV show ever.

I know but still superb show Silvio is my hero

18193__steven_l.jpg

I believe he gets a mother****ing cap in the back of his head by the dude coming out of the carzie.
If you look closely the geezer that does it hasn't even bothered to zip himself up and has clearly 'popped out'.

Thats all very helpful chaps, but i have a question which someone mnay be able to help with:

Bury my heart at wounded knee was on the box a few weeks ago and I missed it. Made by HBO who did the super Band of Brothers, did anyone watch it? Was it any good?

Thats all very helpful chaps, but i have a question which someone mnay be able to help with:

Bury my heart at wounded knee was on the box a few weeks ago and I missed it. Made by HBO who did the super Band of Brothers, did anyone watch it? Was it any good?

Only slightly more on-topic than the previous posts - I read the book at a very early age and I have to say it had a fairly profound effect on a youngster raised on Hollywoods version of the Old West. I believe that subsequently the authors bias and lack of verifiable sources was criticised, but even so it made a fascinating counter-point to the 'victor history' that we were originally fed.

I also missed the HBO version. I understand that it concentrates solely on the last few chapters of the book - the massacre at Wounded Knee being the major event. I've put it on my Lovefilm list and will let you know what I think when it arrives...

I've seen it steveo, and it was very well made and very watchable. As Rayleigh Weir points out regarding the book, there was a certain amount of bias but I guess it's difficult to be objective when you're dealing with a massacre.

As some of you may know, I am part American and a US Citizen, and this is obviously not a glorious chapter in our short history. (For the record, I am also a British Citizen and consider myself English more than anything else.) Having lived on a Canadian Indian Reservation for 12 months, I have great respect for the Indian people and feel honoured to have lived amongst them. My use of the word 'Indian' is not intended to cause offence, it is the word that the people of the Carrier Tribe use to describe themselves.

I've seen it steveo, and it was very well made and very watchable. As Rayleigh Weir points out regarding the book, there was a certain amount of bias but I guess it's difficult to be objective when you're dealing with a massacre.

As some of you may know, I am part American and a US Citizen, and this is obviously not a glorious chapter in our short history. (For the record, I am also a British Citizen and consider myself English more than anything else.) Having lived on a Canadian Indian Reservation for 12 months, I have great respect for the Indian people and feel honoured to have lived amongst them. My use of the word 'Indian' is not intended to cause offence, it is the word that the people of the Carrier Tribe use to describe themselves.

Do they like a Tikka Massala?

British and American ,you win the lottery of life twice congrats Gribs.

must say HBO really have made some great shows including.... Band Of Brothers, Sopranos and Rome to name a few
Also the series The Wire.

I'd never even heard of it until I borrowed the first series off a mate recently, but it was actually pretty cool. Very hard hitting police show set in Baltimore, Maryland. Can't find the third series anywhere here, so hope it's in Virgin or whatever that store is called these days for my short visit later this month!

Also the series The Wire.

I'd never even heard of it until I borrowed the first series off a mate recently, but it was actually pretty cool. Very hard hitting police show set in Baltimore, Maryland. Can't find the third series anywhere here, so hope it's in Virgin or whatever that store is called these days for my short visit later this month!

comparable with Hill Street or is that too old for you?

Back