• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Pier

Manager
Bach to the scene where Ian Benjamin sent the Blues fans into raptures. I would think it best to go with as much experience as possible for this one because the team has to stem the tide now. So as many have pointed out Eastwood and Corr surely will start and even if Corr is in the side then hopefully Hurst will be in there as well. another thing riding much on this is how the players respond to Phil Brown's public dressing down yesterday. An interesting Saturday afternoon awaits.As for what I think, Never really predict but the cartoon figure for me sums it up:unsure:

Bach to the scene where Ian Benjamin sent the Blues fans into raptures. I would think it best to go with as much experience as possible for this one because the team has to stem the tide now. So as many have pointed out Eastwood and Corr surely will start and even if Corr is in the side then hopefully Hurst will be in there as well. another thing riding much on this is how the players respond to Phil Brown's public dressing down yesterday. An interesting Saturday afternoon awaits.As for what I think, Never really predict but the cartoon figure for me sums it up:unsure:

Compose yourself man!

would like a midfield of hurst leonard clifford and atkinson, has the right balance of creativity, energy and defensive covering, and freddy and BBBC up top

Tough place to go and they have a decent side, love a win but feel a draw is probably the best we can homie for on our current form. Anything to stop the run of defeats and then hope to build on from there. 1~1 for me.

Personally speak, I'd for got the following midfield...

LM - Clifford
CM - Atkinson
CM - Timlin
RM - Hurst

Leonard, as hard as he tries, will never be a central midfielder, and is a million miles behind Atkinson and Hurst on the right.

Corr has to come back in too IMO - This won't be a place for the feint hearted and a physical presence will be needed up front.

LM - Clifford
CM - Atkinson
CM - Timlin
RM - Hurst

Leonard, as hard as he tries, will never be a central midfielder, and is a million miles behind Atkinson and Hurst on the right.

You're just baiting me aren't you?

As long as we remain composed we should be OK.

was anyone at the training ground yesterday? IIRC Brown said a couple of weeks back that on Thursday he does routines with the match day starting 11

LM - Clifford
CM - Atkinson
CM - Timlin
RM - Hurst

Corr has to come back in too IMO - This won't be a place for the feint hearted and a physical presence will be needed up front.

Drop Leonard? It's amazing how some peoples views are completely different. He's been our best player so far this season IMO.

Cant seem him dropping Leonard for Clifford.

We have lost 4 in a row and are playing away, not a time to weaken the midfield physically.

4-1-2-1-2 diamond formation, give the back 4 some more help and hopefully create some more chances for Eastwood and Corr.

Bury.JPG

Toss up between Timlin/Clifford/Payne for the attacking midfield spot but Timlin's passing and crossing is class on a good day. If White is still injured then straight swap with Ryan Auger.

I'm just wondering what the SZ mood will be at around 5 pm on Saturday ?

I guess either (a) we'll be lucky to avoid relegation after another defeat and Brown should go now ! or (b) that win has put us right back in the mix for the playoffs or even automatic promotion !

One thing's for sure , it won't be the middle ground....................

That's what I love about this forum and long may it continue.:winking:

I'm just wondering what the SZ mood will be at around 5 pm on Saturday ?

I guess either (a) we'll be lucky to avoid relegation after another defeat and Brown should go now ! or (b) that win has put us right back in the mix for the playoffs or even automatic promotion !

One thing's for sure , it won't be the middle ground....................

That's what I love about this forum and long may it continue.:winking:

We're gonna get spanked.:winking:

Bring back Ian Benjamin for this one. He knows where the Bury net is.

Fear that it may end with 5 on the trot.:'(

Back