• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This has been 'discussed' SO much on here. Someone will need to buy us before Ron can leave, and no-one is interested in buying us.

yep it has on here,but there is a buyer but greedy ron wont sell the club,so we need to force martin out
fan power just like vic jobson

The worrying thing for me is that i dont even get upset anymore i just cant be arsed. For the first time ever im not sure if i want to go to games anymore. I have paid up till atleast january and if i miss games i dont really care. Used to be that i couldnt wait until saturday and match day.

Oh dear! Didn't sound too good (2nd half was at least a little better), but we've got to stop losing before it becomes a habit.

So not only do we play rubbish at home, we have now managed to establish the same at away grounds.

The worrying thing for me is that i dont even get upset anymore i just cant be arsed. For the first time ever im not sure if i want to go to games anymore. I have paid up till atleast january and if i miss games i dont really care. Used to be that i couldnt wait until saturday and match day.

i know how you feel my 1st season missing the blues since 91,but i wont give martin anymore cash,not for what he
has done to the club,players.staff.and us fans,only shame is iam missing my blues but we got to stand up to martin,belive we r going down

Oh dear! Didn't sound too good (2nd half was at least a little better), but we've got to stop losing before it becomes a habit.

I think it's too late for that tbh. I was really hoping that the team would gel around October. Now I think that we are just not good enough and it is not a case of 'gelling' after all. How depressing it is at the moment. I knew Bury would be tough today but it sounds like, especially first half, that we didn't perfrom again.

But here's the crux of it. Maybe our players are just not good enough? Maybe the performance, first half against Torquay was like that of a non league team having that one decent performance against a side several leagues above?

I am dreading what happens next. Our oly saving grace is January when we may be able to do some deals and swap players out. However who would want to come to a poor league 2 team such as Southend right now. The situation is currently bleak and I'm wondering if I can be bothered to go next week, that is an unusual feeling for me. :(

Lots of people posting from their iphones today.

Does it matter?

We were **** again and you could gather that from the Radio commentary as well as actually being there I am sure.

To quote a text I have just received from a person at Gigg Lane: "****ing awful again, clueless and a lack of fight. Why do I do this to myself"

Last edited:
Bury 1-0 Southend United

On the bus back to manchester. We created very little and we failed to dominate the midfield.

Ratings:
Everyone 6 apart from Morris 8 and Clohessy 7.

TBV - 9
Ref - 1 (he managed to turn up on time)

i know how you feel my 1st season missing the blues since 91,but i wont give martin anymore cash,not for what he
has done to the club,players.staff.and us fans,only shame is iam missing my blues but we got to stand up to martin,belive we r going down

We all feel down at the moment and the results are not helping the overall feeling, but people who come on here and moan constantly about martin etc make me sick. no one likes what is going on and i dont support martin, BUT i support southend united through thick and thin and all these supposed fans who dont go because they wont put money in martins pockets etc, well what do you think you will acheive other than penalising the club further, the players, the manager, other fans who do go to support. i have been going for 31 years long b4 martin turned up and long after he eventualy goes, that is what supporting a football club is all about. if you dont want to go then dont, but dont keep coming on here with all this opinion when you dont even want to go and supprt the club anymore, you are not true fans. UP THE BLUES

rubin i know wants the club and the other one i cant name him has he is on the board

Mark Rubin and the consortium have gone very quiet, but we know that Martin won't sell to them, and why hand over the club to another group of property developers?

The current Board comprises Martin, King, Markscheffel, Osborne van Wezel, Riddoch and Brunning. So it isn't Martin or King, Riddoch is the Commercial Director and on the pay roll so it's not him. Markscheffel has if I am right been on the board for donkeys years and I doubt if he has the necessary wherewthal. Brunning is a financial man and I am not sure about Osbourne but dobt either could raise the wind given the current financial climate.

That leaves van Wezel, am I right?

Lots of people posting from their iphones today.

If only Zaaboub was fit eh Yorkie we'd be flying high at the top?

Whether one went to the game or not, its clear we only have 6 or 7 players decent enough for this division. Take Grant and Corr out and we have scored 4 goals in the league. The Fairhurst and Jarvis deals have not worked out, whether thats theirs or Luggys fault we dont know. Weve had some frankly shocking tactical decisions from Luggy but also some honest and brutal assessments and generally I dont think you can fault too much what he has done considering the circumstances that he came into, having to cobble together a load of rejects and journeymen, some of whom are clearly absolute gash, within 3 or 4 weeks. If Grant goes in January then things may become even worse, we are already needing to get rid of 7 or 8 players and a team down the bottom of League 2 with no money is hardly going to attract quality replacements.

Pretty sure yb meant the way the posts were written, in text speak with spelling mistakes (with the iPhones weird auto correct). That's how I took it anyway (he says, sitting typing from his iPad)

We have to face it the players we have got are not great. They are squad players, we got them as no else wanted them and we needed players. We cant expect miracles from them, but like others I am worried I cannot see us staying up unless we are able to ship some players out (but who will want them?), and get some new better players in but who will want to come?!?!?

Back