• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We all feel down at the moment and the results are not helping the overall feeling, but people who come on here and moan constantly about martin etc make me sick. no one likes what is going on and i dont support martin, BUT i support southend united through thick and thin and all these supposed fans who dont go because they wont put money in martins pockets etc, well what do you think you will acheive other than penalising the club further, the players, the manager, other fans who do go to support. i have been going for 31 years long b4 martin turned up and long after he eventualy goes, that is what supporting a football club is all about. if you dont want to go then dont, but dont keep coming on here with all this opinion when you dont even want to go and supprt the club anymore, you are not true fans. UP THE BLUES
Totally agree, just seems a case of gritting ones teeth and trying to remain philosophical about the ways things are going at the moment..................Cup draw tomorrow and Rotherham at home next Saturday..........they lost 3-4 at home to Wycombe today!
I know at least one poster on here that is wise enough just to take a clean break from SZ when things, for one reason or another, start to get too much. I would have thought that there are number of others who should carefully consider their position for the sake of their own health and sanity. I can't see the point of continuing to torture themselves and others on the board with their totally negative, repetitive and depressing views............perhaps they should take a bit of gardening leave? Sorry........................ I don't nomally express myself as controvertially as that but this constant nagging and niggling, is I fear, getting to all of us.
Perhaps the mods could set up a section where all of those who want to spend the majority of their posts complaining and moaning, particularly about Martin, could join together and wallow in their own depression and despair. Don't get me wrong, there are times when criticism of selection, formation or performance is entirely justified......that's healthy and normal..................some of the continual rantings and ravings are not.
I remember a time, as a teenager, getting totally despondent about the way we were playing and the results we were getting..........it was starting to really get me down. At that point I decided to put Southend United on the back burner for a couple of seasons..............when i came back I was a little more hardened.
As Shrimpejon says, it is not easy for any of us at the moment and indeed hasn't been for the last year..........I just try abd keep focussed on my one obsession, which is nothing to do with one man but just ONE TEAM. If I start to feel it really getting on top of me again I hope I would have the good sense to break off again and concentrate more time scratching furniture downstairs or spending Saturday afternoons catching up on the never ending lost of jobs around the house.................but whilst I still believe, that next Saturday, we will start to turn things around.......................................

Last edited:
We all feel down at the moment and the results are not helping the overall feeling, but people who come on here and moan constantly about martin etc make me sick. no one likes what is going on and i dont support martin, BUT i support southend united through thick and thin and all these supposed fans who dont go because they wont put money in martins pockets etc, well what do you think you will acheive other than penalising the club further, the players, the manager, other fans who do go to support. i have been going for 31 years long b4 martin turned up and long after he eventualy goes, that is what supporting a football club is all about. if you dont want to go then dont, but dont keep coming on here with all this opinion when you dont even want to go and supprt the club anymore, you are not true fans. UP THE BLUES

Hats off to all who spent 60 / 70 /80 / 90 quid on following the Blues today.

Hats off to all who spent 60 / 70 /80 / 90 quid on following the Blues today.
I only spent 40 quid:cool:

Yeah good effort by everyone who made the trip. TBV were on good form and put the Bury fans to shame. Did anyone else see the crazy woman driver outside the ground after the match? She was driving like a maniac while everyone was leaving down the road, she honked at someone who stepped in front of her and was giving verbal's to everyone, which then saw about 100/200 fans all giving her some right abuse. Worst thing was that she had a little girl sat in the car too! She was properly mental!

There was also some good banter at half time when all the kids football teams did a parade around the pitch!

The bus to and from the ground was really painful, took us nearly an hour and a half from Manchester!!

I only spent 40 quid:cool:

Yeah good effort by everyone who made the trip. TBV were on good form and put the Bury fans to shame. Did anyone else see the crazy woman driver outside the ground after the match? She was driving like a maniac while everyone was leaving down the road, she honked at someone who stepped in front of her and was giving verbal's to everyone, which then saw about 100/200 fans all giving her some right abuse. Worst thing was that she had a little girl sat in the car too! She was properly mental!

There was also some good banter at half time when all the kids football teams did a parade around the pitch!

The bus to and from the ground was really painful, took us nearly an hour and a half from Manchester!!

Yep I saw that as we walked out - it was very funny!

Why must those who are sick of the current regime and actually try to make some form of protest in their own way always be referred to as "supposed"....We love the club and will always feel this way, we just dont like how it's being run and I can totally understand how some are finding it hard to connect with the faceless squad which was hastily assembled by our new manager in the summer....

Dont delude yourself into thinking that the players care one iota about the club...All they care about is the pay packet in their account every week. Once Ron starts deferring those and replacing them with IOU's, we'll see how many of them are still about next summer.

Why must those who are sick of the current regime and actually try to make some form of protest in their own way always be referred to as "supposed"....We love the club and will always feel this way, we just dont like how it's being run and I can totally understand how some are finding it hard to connect with the faceless squad which was hastily assembled by our new manager in the summer....

Dont delude yourself into thinking that the players care one iota about the club...All they care about is the pay packet in their account every week. Once Ron starts deferring those and replacing them with IOU's, we'll see how many of them are still about next summer.

The point is that if you love your football club, love football then you work your way through times like this. i say again that i like most am not happy with the situation but we do have a club to support and after year should be grateful. My son is six years oldand this season is his first year as a season ticket holder. he absolutely loes it home and away and i would never want to take that away from him. he understands that things are a struggle at the moment but he gets a buzz from just going. and the thing is so do i, the same as i did when i stood on th terraces 31 years ago. i love this club, roots hall and would never contemplate not going for any reason. i can influence ron martin no one really can, protests, songs banners have not got rid of him so e not going wnt change that either. what i do want to do is give PS a chance, give the players a chance and hope that things will trun around. we are not a bad team, some of our results have shown that, but i urge all those who love this club to carry on going and support the team in the right manner.

As for SZ, if you dont have anything constructive to say then dont bother. we are all down and know what ron is like etc, but for those of us who are trying to stay positive we dont need all the gloom merchants continually running our faces in dirt. i will say again if you truly support the club and love your football thencome and help by supporting not staying at home. UTB

The point is that if you love your football club, love football then you work your way through times like this. i say again that i like most am not happy with the situation but we do have a club to support and after year should be grateful. My son is six years oldand this season is his first year as a season ticket holder. he absolutely loes it home and away and i would never want to take that away from him. he understands that things are a struggle at the moment but he gets a buzz from just going. and the thing is so do i, the same as i did when i stood on th terraces 31 years ago. i love this club, roots hall and would never contemplate not going for any reason. i can influence ron martin no one really can, protests, songs banners have not got rid of him so e not going wnt change that either. what i do want to do is give PS a chance, give the players a chance and hope that things will trun around. we are not a bad team, some of our results have shown that, but i urge all those who love this club to carry on going and support the team in the right manner.

As for SZ, if you dont have anything constructive to say then dont bother. we are all down and know what ron is like etc, but for those of us who are trying to stay positive we dont need all the gloom merchants continually running our faces in dirt. i will say again if you truly support the club and love your football thencome and help by supporting not staying at home. UTB

Good for you, there is another side to every coin. I could turn round and say dont bother coming on the Zone if you dont like to hear a different opinion to your own. The Zone is exactly the place where people should be able to discuss there opinions and whats on there mind, good and bad.

I cannot stand Ron, i wont give him my money until i start seeing some of his ******** coming to fruition as he let me down in a big way, I was in 2 minds about Sturrock and im coming to the conclusion that he isnt any good (Lets hope im wrong), as for the players well im afraid they aren't good enough. So i have a dilemma i can come onto the Zone and rave about how grateful i am that i have a team to support or i can come on here and be honest about how sick to the core i am at how bad a place my club has become. I sell for a living so i know about positivity, However there is nothing other than its existence that i find positive about our football club currently.

Good for you, there is another side to every coin. I could turn round and say dont bother coming on the Zone if you dont like to hear a different opinion to your own. The Zone is exactly the place where people should be able to discuss there opinions and whats on there mind, good and bad.

I cannot stand Ron, i wont give him my money until i start seeing some of his ******** coming to fruition as he let me down in a big way, I was in 2 minds about Sturrock and im coming to the conclusion that he isnt any good (Lets hope im wrong), as for the players well im afraid they aren't good enough. So i have a dilemma i can come onto the Zone and rave about how grateful i am that i have a team to support or i can come on here and be honest about how sick to the core i am at how bad a place my club has become. I sell for a living so i know about positivity, However there is nothing other than its existence that i find positive about our football club currently.

Excellent post.

That's a shame you feel like that but I appreciate your honesty. I think we have to accept that there's loads going on behind the scenes that none of us is privvy to and we have to hope that out of all this, our club (and the new ground) will emerge better and stronger. The alternative doesn't bear thinking about, and maybe I'm being blinkered but it's not an alternative that I am prepared to consider, I just don't believe it will come to that. That's why I will continue trying to encourage people to have hope.

Back