• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
Having been learning about business by following RM's business style I cannot see any reason to pay out anymore money to this lot ......

just tell PS to get down to training and tell them all the outstanding cash will be paid in full by the end of April - and get him to tell them the same thing about May - and in June go whoops a daisy things are a bit tight can't really help you out -

put an announcement denying it all on the OS and refer all enquiries to the lawyers - that way it takes years to sort out and most them will give up on it ....

why throw good money after bad ?

its a sound strategy that will preserve the cash we have got .....

in August get another out of work manager and scour the lge 2 and Blue square for out of contract pros - plus any spare family members that can do a bit -

cannot see any gain in keeping giving this lot money - business is business -

Your right, Ron is obviously not throwing money into this club .... you know, the same club that has been sent to court and being ordered to pay bills/taxes. :unsure:

Bloody hell, if you actually read what some people have put about Ron, it is so contradictory it is unbelievable (actually it isn't with some of the **** that is written about on here and what this club has been through lately).

What with this post and the one about Tilson on Saturday I can only assume that Rayleigh Boy is doing a sponsored "controversial posts" week for charity.....

What with this post and the one about Tilson on Saturday I can only assume that Rayleigh Boy is doing a sponsored "controversial posts" week for charity.....
Do you think he's wearing one of these too?
red-nose-day-chucklechomp.jpg

Don't worry we have a £4million credit facility to dip into whenever we're short of funds.

Having been learning about business by following RM's business style I cannot see any reason to pay out anymore money to this lot ......

just tell PS to get down to training and tell them all the outstanding cash will be paid in full by the end of April - and get him to tell them the same thing about May - and in June go whoops a daisy things are a bit tight can't really help you out -

put an announcement denying it all on the OS and refer all enquiries to the lawyers - that way it takes years to sort out and most them will give up on it ....

in August get another out of work manager and scour the lge 2 and Blue square for out of contract pros - plus any spare family members that can do a bit -

Apart from the highlighted bit which is an irrelevance to the model you are proposing for the next quarter, I don't feel that such drastic measures are called for given that the current cash flow problem does not appear to be at crisis point , however should this be the only way of freeing up cash to avoid administration them maybe it might be an option. There is very little point in having cash at bank if there are current liabilities outstanding which may have an impact the business.

Even those players not being retained after the end of the season, should see their money (as long as season ticket sales are sufficient to sustain the wage bill throughout close season ) as it will probably be detrimental to the next season to go into the summer under an embargo.

That said, its good to see that there are some on this forum who are willing to suggest very difficult , and probably unpopular, suggestions in order to preserve the long term future of the club.

Apart from the highlighted bit which is an irrelevance to the model you are proposing for the next quarter, I don't feel that such drastic measures are called for given that the current cash flow problem does not appear to be at crisis point , however should this be the only way of freeing up cash to avoid administration them maybe it might be an option. There is very little point in having cash at bank if there are current liabilities outstanding which may have an impact the business.

Even those players not being retained after the end of the season, should see their money (as long as season ticket sales are sufficient to sustain the wage bill throughout close season ) as it will probably be detrimental to the next season to go into the summer under an embargo.

That said, its good to see that there are some on this forum who are willing to suggest very difficult , and probably unpopular, suggestions in order to preserve the long term future of the club.

its a p"ss take ..... irony ........ cos its how RM ripped off everyone last year - whats good enough for Francis, Macormack Moussa etc should be good enough for Scotsmen

its a p"ss take ..... irony ........ cos its how RM ripped off everyone last year - whats good enough for Francis, Macormack Moussa etc should be good enough for Scotsmen

Actually, Firestorm was taking the pi$$ out of you, or at least I hope he was!

I think you've got a fair point. It doesnt matter who is manager or what players they have under them this club will always be in the sh*t under Ron.

I really feel for Sturrock. When i met him a few weeks ago he was telling me that he'd be told he would be able to bring in players to re-inforce our playoff push but i guess that was just another story fed to him.

I think was is really p***ing people off again this year, is that we would all of settled for mid-table at the start of the season, but put a little run together to get onto the fringes of the play-offs.

PS kept going on (and is still) about getting in a couple of loan players just to help that push. Now with many injuries, and no players in for the past 6 weeks we have fallen away, when we all know that probably 2 players could of kept us in the hunt at least.

The only reason for not getting in any players must be financial/embargo as PS would not of not been able to bring anyone in at all.

Rumours of non-payment of wages for staff and players, and unpaid tax bills just make things worse when we all know that there should of been cash available from Sainsbury to cover this season.

Either the ground is still years from starting, or the amount of cash was never there, or its been used/wasted already, or more likely its been used to fill up Ron's Bentley for his weekly hairdressing trip.

I think you've got a fair point. It doesnt matter who is manager or what players they have under them this club will always be in the sh*t under Ron.

I really feel for Sturrock. When i met him a few weeks ago he was telling me that he'd be told he would be able to bring in players to re-inforce our playoff push but i guess that was just another story fed to him.

Yes, I do too. He got exactly the same at Plymouth the second time round, A case of out of the frying pan into the fire, as far as coming to Southend is concerned

Am I joining the paranoid league thinking that the Umbongo has been helped along by Ronny, thus to stop PS getting any loanees in, therefore scuppering any promotion or play-off bid? If we get promoted then wages would have to increase without any new streams of income and new players would be required and we can't (allegedly) pay the current wage bill.

Why would wages have to increase with promotion (other than where there are contractual obligations)?

Why would wages have to increase with promotion (other than where there are contractual obligations)?

They don't have to is the answer.
There would be room for a small increase for all of the wages anyway, because that's the way it just works when you get promoted, there is more money to work with.
I wouldn't have thought many of the players will be demanding an increase in wages.

I dont think its a case of Ron not wanting us to get promoted. He just cannot afford to bring in anymore players but wont admit the truth to Sturrock or the fans.

His financially f*cked and is using Southend as the stadium project to make money.

And I'm sure any agent worth his or her salt would make sure that clause is in their contract.

They don't have to is the answer.
There would be room for a small increase for all of the wages anyway, because that's the way it just works when you get promoted, there is more money to work with.
I wouldn't have thought many of the players will be demanding an increase in wages.

We'd get a pittance for promotion and League One football wouldn't increase bums-on-seats (save for the local derbies). I fail to see how there'd be "more money to work with".

I dont think its a case of Ron not wanting us to get promoted. He just cannot afford to bring in anymore players but wont admit the truth to Sturrock or the fans.

His financially f*cked and is using Southend as the stadium project to make money.

Starting to agreed with that.

We'd get a pittance for promotion and League One football wouldn't increase bums-on-seats (save for the local derbies). I fail to see how there'd be "more money to work with".

Just look at the teams in that division.
A lot of close games, Orient, Col U, Charlton, Brentford, Daggers. If it was MK Dons that went up, that would leave, Peterborough, Southampton, Bournemouth. Nearly all of those teams will bring 500 or more especially on a Saturday.
Look at the Charlton game earlier on in the season, we suddenly had more than we normally would just because it was Charlton.
Crystal Palace are likely to be relegated still, that's another close game.
All of the clubs bring a lot more fans, which then attracts our support. It's just the way it works.

We get more TV money I think. We are more likely to attract the better lower league players because we are in League 1. We can attract possibly players like Le Fondre just because we are in League 1. (Probably a bad example as he is probably worth about 1 million).
The possibility of once again reaching the Championship for the new ground season.
The list goes on and on as to why we will have more money to work with, but mainly because of the numbers in the ground!

Back