• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Button to McLaren?

steveo

mine to stay the same please
The team that bring him a World Championship after years in the wilderness are suddenly not good enough as they are only paying 4 mill per season.

He must be a millionaire many times over but he seems to have forgotten this time last year, without Ross Brawns intervention he would probably have been out of a job.

Go Lewis!

to be honest I wonder how much of this was in his control. basically its now a team A and B setup like Red Bull&Toro Rosso. I worry a bit for Button because:
1. Lewis is the better driver
2. McLaren is Lewis's team

However we saw at the end of the season that the McLaren was probably a better car than the Brawn and i think developments have continued in that fashion since... I'd guess he'll have a better title shot at McLaren, even as a 2nd driver. If he gets off to flyer next season like he did this year then I don't think team orders will come into it. Another problem is that Buttons driving style probably doesn't suit the more aggressive McLaren set up, but I'd counter that by suggesting that the first thing you want to do is be competing against your team mate.. Barrachello got the best out of Button, because they were mates but both excellent drivers, Hamilton will do the same.

Mclaren= team lewis, the car is designed with him in mind will be a shock for jenson to get in a car designed for somone else, hope Im wrong because I would love to see alonso(who I think will win the title) button and lewis racing for the title

Back