• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onceknownasrab

President
Hi all,
sorry to bang on about BW but it is a point of principle. Hows this for a second email to me from BW;
Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding Blues World, the comments of which have been noted.

Firstly I would like to thank you for your support.

We have looked into the matter and I can confirm that our Webmaster did check that the commentary was working at the Tranmere Rovers match and it was. We have also spoken to Premium TV who have confirmed this.

We have also spoken to them regarding poor service and they have checked the matter internally. They advise that the commentary has worked fine recently and that it may be the PC or via your internet service provider through which the commentary is being received is causing the problem. I don’t know if you are able to check this. I would confirm that we have not received any other complaints recently regarding the Blues World commentary.

Please do not hesitate to come back to us if, having checked your pc/provider, you continue to have problems so that we can look into the matter further.

Many thanks

Helen Norburyom BW;
Can you believe that. Their webmaster checked. You may recall the in and out service for the tranmere game, the loop on the first goal and then the commentary disappearing. Will those of you who acknowledged problems please email BW as well. They should not be allowed to get away with it. Its a sham anyway. Exclusive commentary, well a pinched broadcast from a local radio station that ruins each and every game by leaving the commentary to report on other matches. Hardly exclusive.
Thanks to all

I would never pay money to a third party that appears to 'ignore' its customers, especially as so little goes back to the club.

If you have no joy, contact the obmudsman, or even watchdog, especially if you can collect evidence if others are having the same problem.

To cover your bases, check the minimum operating system you need, whether it works on macs and pcs etc.

I would never pay money to a third party that appears to 'ignore' its customers, especially as so little goes back to the club.

If you have no joy, contact the obmudsman, or even watchdog, especially if you can collect evidence if others are having the same problem.

To cover your bases, check the minimum operating system you need, whether it works on macs and pcs etc.

Good reply thanks. The minimum operatimg system must be in place as the away commentary is invariably fine. It is the service for Blues fans that is a diabolical shame and I suspect is in part due to BBC Essex and their transmission but it is BW that is charging for it.

Good reply thanks. The minimum operatimg system must be in place as the away commentary is invariably fine. It is the service for Blues fans that is a diabolical shame and I suspect is in part due to BBC Essex and their transmission but it is BW that is charging for it.

What e-mail address did you receive that reply from?

This what I sent at the weekend,followed by the reply.

To Whom this may concern.I have been a subscriber to your service for a few years now.There have been a few hiccups over the year, but in the last 2 weeks I feel you are taking the **** charging us when you do not offer a decent service.Last week after about 3 minutes I lost service for approximately 15 minutes, with the feed being put on a 5 second loop.Once service was resumed there were constant breaks in the commentary.Today I sign in only to find The only commentary I can get is the Colchester one.If I was a colchester fan that would be great BUT I AM NOT.Can you please try and way to make the sservice worth paying for.I know I am not the only one with these problems.I look forward to your reply.I feel trapped cause I need your service and will keep using it and paying for it but please please can you stop this stuff happening john

Dear John, Thank you for contacting us. It is possible that your computer is looking at old pages stored in the cache, or that a cookie has been corrupted. Please use the following instructions to clear this and then try to login again. In IE6Open Internet Explorer (one window only) and click on Tools then Internet Options. On the general tab click on Delete cookies , then OK. Now click on Delete Files then OK and OK again. Now press "Ctrl" and F5 together. Close and restart your browser. IE7Open Internet Explorer (one window only) and click on Tools then Internet Options. In the middle of the General Tab in the area relating to Browsing History click on Delete. Then "delete cookies" and "Yes" "delete files". Then "yes". Click on Close and Close again. Now press "Ctrl" and F5 together. Close and restart your browser. Now click on Tools>Internet Options> On the Security tab set the level to Medium. Then on the Privacy tab set the Privacy level to Medium-High. Now click on Tools>Pop Up blocker and ensure that the pop up blocker is turned off. Delete any shortcuts to the website in "favourites" and "bookmarks" The above should clear any corruption and force your computer to download new cookies from the site. Best Regards, Blues World - Web Support

Dear John, Thank you for contacting us. It is possible that your computer is looking at old pages stored in the cache, or that a cookie has been corrupted. Please use the following instructions to clear this and then try to login again. In IE6Open Internet Explorer (one window only) and click on Tools then Internet Options. On the general tab click on Delete cookies , then OK. Now click on Delete Files then OK and OK again. Now press "Ctrl" and F5 together. Close and restart your browser. IE7Open Internet Explorer (one window only) and click on Tools then Internet Options. In the middle of the General Tab in the area relating to Browsing History click on Delete. Then "delete cookies" and "Yes" "delete files". Then "yes". Click on Close and Close again. Now press "Ctrl" and F5 together. Close and restart your browser. Now click on Tools>Internet Options> On the Security tab set the level to Medium. Then on the Privacy tab set the Privacy level to Medium-High. Now click on Tools>Pop Up blocker and ensure that the pop up blocker is turned off. Delete any shortcuts to the website in "favourites" and "bookmarks" The above should clear any corruption and force your computer to download new cookies from the site. Best Regards, Blues World - Web Support

Obvious when you think about really.

This is all bollocks. I've had BW for 3 seasons now and not ever EVER has there ever been a game that hasn't been interrupet. I acknowledge that lately it has been exceptionally bad. But for the BW support staff to suggest that it is a pc error when like lots of us experience the same problem is surely BS, it's an inadequate service and it needs to be fixed.

I was a long suffering subscriber to BW since they started. At the end of last I was having problems. Three emails went ignored. In the end, they managed to lose a customer who had stuck with them and their atrocious service for so long out of sheer desperation to listen to beloved team the only way he can.

BW, imho, is a complete and utter rip-off when it comes to reliability of its live commentary and it's customer service. FLPTV (i.e. BW) refuses to accept responsibility for any problems, making excuses and passing the back IF the actually bother getting back with any kind of explanation.

I don't think I will EVER subscribe to their terrible service ever again. I threw enough money down the drain in the hope that they'd get their act in order one day and that day never arrived.

I was a long suffering subscriber to BW since they started. At the end of last I was having problems. Three emails went ignored. In the end, they managed to lose a customer who had stuck with them and their atrocious service for so long out of sheer desperation to listen to beloved team the only way he can.

BW, imho, is a complete and utter rip-off when it comes to reliability of its live commentary and it's customer service. FLPTV (i.e. BW) refuses to accept responsibility for any problems, making excuses and passing the back IF the actually bother getting back with any kind of explanation.

I don't think I will EVER subscribe to their terrible service ever again. I threw enough money down the drain in the hope that they'd get their act in order one day and that day never arrived.

Same here OS, i have had BW since the start but i have truely had enough. I have cancelled my subscription. So once this season is up they can jog on, what excuse did they give for broadcasting the scum commentarty on the Southend link? Surely that wasnt my PC's fault as well?

I think you should all address your complaints to Ron Martin. Hopefully he is serious enough to find the people responsible and tell them to sort it out.

That first e-mail in red has Helen Norbury's name at the bottom, who works for the club (as company secretary I think), and is not from Blues World.

Back