• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bwomono

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
The injury list is super depressing but the one good thing that has come from it is the emergence of Elvis.

He held his place at the tail end of last season but of late he's really come into his own. It sounds as if he had another good game last night on top of his recent man of the match performances against Scunthorpe and Barnsley and he was apparently impressive in the previous round of the Checkatrade, obviously capped with his great goal. So four really strong performances in a row for him since being harshly dropped in the first place.

He's now the latest in Ricky Duncan's production line to have established himself in the side.

Franck Moussa 2008/09
Kane Ferdinand 2010/11
Dan Bentley 2012/13
Jack Payne 2014/15
Dru Yearwood 2017/18
Elvis Bwomono 2018/19

And that's not including the likes of Mitchell Pinnock (released 2014/15); Alex Woodyard (released before 2013/14 season) and Stuart O'Keefe (left in 2010 exodus) who Ricky Duncan nurtured but have found success elsewhere. Well done Ricky:Clap::Clap: that's nearly one a year :Stunned:before even counting the youngsters we've sold before they've made a first team appearance. And obviously there are a few more in and around the squad like Ted Smith or Nathan Bishop who (no offence Mark Oxley, they just happen to be keepers!) we hope will be joining them as regulars, maybe even within the year.

So when Demi returns from injury does the Cyprus captain go left-back instead of Hendrie, right midfield if we're playing 4-4-2 or just on the bench?

I bet Ron will be regretting signing off on that 3 and a half year deal for Demi this time last year!

Progressing nicely I would say. Good prospect for the future. Sometimes in the face of adversity a diamond would shine through.

As with Dru, I think credit should go to Phil Brown for blooding him early, it now means he has experience to go with his obvious promise.

Completely agreed YB. In addition I think Hutchinson will break through this season too. I know he hasn’t been with us nearly as long as others, but good scouting at youth level is almost as important as great coaching IMO.

Yes but the only thing with Brown was that the youngsters were often blamed for defeats and promptly left out. He was excellent in bigging the kids up and then didn't play them.

It's like the six degrees of separation on a lot of these types of threads.

We're never more than six posts away from blaming PB for something.

FWIW, PB did suggest after the Northampton defeat that the youngsters struggled and he did leave Dru out of the next match and played a half-fit Josh Wright, but he pretty much knew a defeat against Fleetwood and he was out of the door.

Prior to this, he did have a fair amount of faith in them. Granted, none had an extended run in the side, though, but they did get opportunities. I include Kyps in that list, as well.

The credit shouldn't go to either PB or SCP, though. As YB says in his original post, it's the work of the guys below who are bringing the lads through.

It now needs SCP to show some faith in the next batch and not just give them 5 minutes here and there.

Last edited:
He isn't the finished article and hopefully will get better and better. He has the right attitude and is popular with team mates and fans.
I do think we, SUFC should apply to the FA for his shirt name to be signed ply "ELVIS"

Back