• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Huge week coming up.

My gut feeling is that we are not strong enough to finish top 6. We were always chasing after a poor start to the season.

Having got into that top 6 we have put in two poor performances against mediocre teams have seen us drop away.

We then face 3 tricky games. This saturday we travel to brizzle rovers who are in excellent form. Tough game and a win would be massive, but I'm expecting defeat.

Then off to coventry who are dire but have a new boss they will undoubtedly want to impress. I expect a narrow win

Saturday week we are at home to walsall who now sit one place behind us. A tight game will ensue. Hope to scrape a win.

So basically by the 16th after the game. I'm pretty sure we will know if we are in with a shout of the play offs or we have yet again fallen away.

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about it to be honest. I was pretty confident prior to the last 2 games and it seems that teams behind us are starting to pick up form now.

I'm feeling more confident against the better teams, and less so against the so called worse teams of the division.
But then I know nothing :smile:

The only consolation after the recent poor results (Gills, PV) is that other teams in the top 6 have slipped up.

Key for me is McLaughlin coming back and showing pre injury form and fast. We also need Anton to stay fit and focused, and MAF / Cox partnership to step up, last couple of outings they looked jaded... We'll be fine :blush:

Play offs is still do-able, but winning through? Who knows?

Have faith people. We have a game in hand on Bradford in 5th spot and if we win would take us to within two points of them. Scunthorpe are dropping like a stone only picking up 3 points in the last 21. There are still 33 points to play for and to say our season is finished within the next couple of weeks is a bit premature. Admittedly Saturday was very disappointing for us but don't forget that we did have a good run over the preceding months and we have nearly all our players available for selection at the business end of the season. Let's be hopeful and really get behind the blues for the next 6 weeks and I'm sure we'll be in or around the playoff zone.

Hopefully Millwall get tanked at Spurs this weekend and normally teams go on a bad run after getting knocked out of the cup!

Alternatively their heads are turned due to a money spinning trip to a Wembley semi?

Bristol Rovers aren't in particularly good form. One win in their last seven games isn't going to get them into the play-offs. We should gain at least a point on Saturday.

Bolton and Scunthorpe are stuttering, in the Iron's case the wheels have really come off and they may not be able to recover. On the other hand Bradford and Fleetwood are very strong but surely due for a bad patch.

Millwall and Walsall are the ones to watch. Although we should be able to overtake Scunthorpe I don't think we'll be able to overtake Millwall or Bradford so it'll be a battle between us, Bolton and Walsall for that final play-off place.

Back