• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
For those who aren't aware... A food chain called Byron Burger, have been facing the wrath of wet lettuces over the last few days, culminating in a big protest against them, which is happening as we speak, at their Holborn branch, which has forced the shop to shut. Over the weekend, an unspecified number of people released cockroaches & locusts in one of the chain's restaurants, whilst people dined, which of course ment the restaurant had to be shut down & fumigated.

What hideous & callous crimes have Byron Burger committed you cry? Well, they helped the Home Office, with the arrest of 30-odd illegal immigrants, who had been employed by said restaurant chain, through deceptive documents.

On the radio today, I've listened to hysterical, social-justice-warriors, beat their war drums & pour scorn upon this burger chain. Almost every single one of which, doesn't seem to have a problem with illegal workers, and the repercussions that can create.

Simple question, can someone actually explain to me, why there is such uproar? Have we, as a country, been slowly suffocated by these extreme-left views , to the point where it is now acceptable & justifiable that a large group of people can shut down a business, albeit temporarily, because said business helped the Home Office, ensnare 30-odd illegal immigrants?

Makes you wonder why BB employed illegal immigrants in the first place. Cheap labour?

Though I have to say as a bleeding heart leftie, I can see no justification in these protests. These people were illegal immigrants, end of story.

For those who aren't aware... A food chain called Byron Burger, have been facing the wrath of wet lettuces over the last few days, culminating in a big protest against them, which is happening as we speak, at their Holborn branch, which has forced the shop to shut. Over the weekend, an unspecified number of people released cockroaches & locusts in one of the chain's restaurants, whilst people dined, which of course ment the restaurant had to be shut down & fumigated.

What hideous & callous crimes have Byron Burger committed you cry? Well, they helped the Home Office, with the arrest of 30-odd illegal immigrants, who had been employed by said restaurant chain, through deceptive documents.

On the radio today, I've listened to hysterical, social-justice-warriors, beat their war drums & pour scorn upon this burger chain. Almost every single one of which, doesn't seem to have a problem with illegal workers, and the repercussions that can create.

Simple question, can someone actually explain to me, why there is such uproar? Have we, as a country, been slowly suffocated by these extreme-left views , to the point where it is now acceptable & justifiable that a large group of people can shut down a business, albeit temporarily, because said business helped the Home Office, ensnare 30-odd illegal immigrants?

Not my view, but there's one SZ poster who will be able to help. Here's a quick selection of their quotes courtesy of the search function:

It wouldn't be nice, but I still wouldn't grass. Maybe that's stupid on my part, but IMO grasses are lower than scum.

I agree, if it was me, I'd be slightly disgruntled & wouldn't accept it either. I wouldn't lay down, I just wouldn't grass. There's more than one way to resolve it

Let me reiterate my point. I'm not a grass, it's just not in my nature. I'd much prefer street justice to prevail

I'd be devastated, of course. But hand on heart, I still wouldn't grass. I'd rather see those responsible, get a telling off through other means, than to give them up.

Even with that in mind mate, I wouldn't be able to grass someone up. It's not in my nature. I've been brought up in a society of snitches get stitches.

Even still, personally I would never grass the culprits up, even if I did know who it was, (which I don't)

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/search.php?searchid=4626479

Not to mention the mindless actions of the protesters tipping thousands of insects mainly Cockroaches into the 2 restaurants. We have all heard how they can spread like wildfire throughout other buildings crawling through the tiniest of gaps, like spiders.

Can you imagine, if you owned a family run cafe or small Bistro next door, and you were forced to close your business for a week or so, in order to get the pest control to come around to clean up before the Enviromental Health Officer gives you the all clear again to re-open.

Other than the loss of revenue from the neighbouring business's. What positive purpose did it really serve?.

The only Byron staff that would be remaining would have been the non illegal immigrants anyway, the people that have a right to work, and no doubt work hard on the minimum wage. & would have lost income either through wages & the additional loss of much needed possible tips from customers to top up their income.

Not my view, but there's one SZ poster who will be able to help. Here's a quick selection of their quotes courtesy of the search function:

It wouldn't be nice, but I still wouldn't grass. Maybe that's stupid on my part, but IMO grasses are lower than scum.

I agree, if it was me, I'd be slightly disgruntled & wouldn't accept it either. I wouldn't lay down, I just wouldn't grass. There's more than one way to resolve it

Let me reiterate my point. I'm not a grass, it's just not in my nature. I'd much prefer street justice to prevail

I'd be devastated, of course. But hand on heart, I still wouldn't grass. I'd rather see those responsible, get a telling off through other means, than to give them up.

Even with that in mind mate, I wouldn't be able to grass someone up. It's not in my nature. I've been brought up in a society of snitches get stitches.

Even still, personally I would never grass the culprits up, even if I did know who it was, (which I don't)

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/search.php?searchid=4626479

Congratulations. You've taken my above comments completely out of context, and twisted them to make yourself look like a witty cad.

Let's inject some context. Byron, the company, haven't grassed their illegal employees up. They've been forced to cooperate with the authorities.

Your logic: forced to cooperate with the authorities, for fear of 6-figure fines & potentially losing a business,

Is the same as:

Grassing people up to the OB for deploying a deadly smoke bomb at a football match.

Makes you wonder why BB employed illegal immigrants in the first place. Cheap labour?

Though I have to say as a bleeding heart leftie, I can see no justification in these protests. These people were illegal immigrants, end of story.

Well their official story says they were duped by the dodgy documents. It's most certainly plausible, but it's tinged with improbability.

The likelihood is, a member of staff, has got the hump over something, and reported them to the Home
Office.

Good to see that whilst you still fly the mad lefty flag mate, you haven't crossed over to the extreme left. Who IMO, are just as ridiculous as the extreme right

Nothing worse than a bunch of lefties in full swing.

They co-operated with the Home Office and secured the arrest of illegal immigrants. Anyone who doesn't think that is a good thing needs to seriously give themselves a shake. Everyone there is an absolute embarrassment.

I'd consider myself left wing and these protesters are idiots, I'm not sure how unleashing cockroaches on the public will make anyone think they have a valid argument, it just makes you look like a ****. They should be protesting the Home Office anyway, not Byron Burgers, unless you fancy a heavy fine or possibly even a prison sentence you don't try to stop the Home Office from investigating. It's also a bit worrying that the protesters think being an illegal immigrant is the same thing as being a refugee, whether you agree with it or not the refugees are here legally, illegal immigrants aren't, there's a pretty big difference there.

I'd be wary of claiming Byron knew what they were doing as well, innocent until proven guilty should probably be applied here. If these immigrants were employed so they could be paid less I'm sure the Home Office would probably have cottoned on to the fact that all the guys they arrested were on lower wages than everyone else, so they can't have been hired for financial reasons, I can't see why Byron would risk it.

Whilst I consider myself left wing I can't stand these "activists". The annoying thing is they see themselves as heroes and feel fully justified in their criminal behaviour.

Activists such as these nobheads have been racing round London for as long as I can remember. In the Seventies I was working in North Audley Street, just up the road from the American Embassy. There were regular demos each week over different causes but there was always the same regular hard core of protesters each week. Seems like that is happening now. The thing that really hurts these lunatics is no publicity. Unfortunately social media and the mainstream media boys keep them well and truly in the headlines. Cut off their visibility and they will disappear.

Was probably a load of students with blue and green hair who had nothing better to do whilst waiting for daddy to fund their next travelling experience to Australia.

Was probably a load of students with blue and green hair who had nothing better to do whilst waiting for daddy to fund their next travelling experience to Australia.

Donot think the real blue and green hair students will do Oz as the carbon foot print will be high, maybe the next by pass project:blush:

Back