• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ian_the_girth

President
All,

Carlisle 1v2 Southend united (19-04-2008)
for those who were there you may remember a southend fan benig taken out the ground when we made it 2-1. that was me. somehow i made my way beyond the advertising boarding onto the area around the pitch.
i was arrested...

i was charged under the football (offences) act 1991 section 4&5
for "going onto an area adjacent to the playing area"
i wasnt on the pitch, but the area around it, the gravel track.
i got taken to carlisle police station, were i had my dna, finger prints & photo taken. before i was released on bail...

by this time i had missed my train home, with the next train being the following day. i made my way to newcastle train station, & newcastle airport. i managed to contact shrimper_apes & family who were staying in a nearby hotel. they kindly paid for me to get a flight home the following day with them, as i had no money on me...

i was due to attend carlisle magistrates court on tuesday 6th may 2008.
but i managed to get this changed to southend for the same date.
the case was adjounred & i was bailed to appear again this morning.

i pleaded guilty to the charge today.
due to me having no previous criminal record & being a good character i avoided a three year football banning order.
instead i was handed a very hefty fine & a slap on the wrist.

ive learnt my lesson & i now feel very embarrassed.
it was not big & not clever, dont try it people !!!

p.s. thanks again to Jackie, Tony & April Smith for getting me home that weekend, i will always be grateful...

ian.

Blimey, that seems awfully harsh for just straying on the pitch area. Did you try and apologise or reason with the old bill or was it a case of your'e nicked.

Glad it all went Ok Ian.
Very heavy lesson learnt though!

Blimey, that seems awfully harsh for just straying on the pitch area. Did you try and apologise or reason with the old bill or was it a case of your'e nicked.

i did not resist arrest at all. i explained why i was there & they were having none of it. tbh, i was expecting just to be thrown out & not allowed back in.
i was in the worng, i held my hands up. its called "personal responsibility"

We keep being told that it is an arrestable offence to encroach on to the playing area or otherwise at every football ground. Now there can be no exceptions here, so why is it when a 'small' team beat a big team in a cup match(Barnsley v Chelsea) or a team gains promotion (Stoke v Leicester) or get a trip to wembley ( Donnie v us) that100's invade the pitch without anyone getting arrested. Surely this can be used in evidence for the defence to get an acquittal?.

We keep being told that it is an arrestable offence to encroach on to the playing area or otherwise at every football ground. Now there can be no exceptions here, so why is it when a 'small' team beat a big team in a cup match(Barnsley v Chelsea) or a team gains promotion (Stoke v Leicester) or get a trip to wembley ( Donnie v us) that100's invade the pitch without anyone getting arrested. Surely this can be used in evidence for the defence to get an acquittal?.

i can only assume its safety in numbers ?

To be fair, us as Southend fans have been on the Roots Hall turf quite a bit recently. Winning League One and beating Man Utd spring to mind straight away.

Anyways, I'm glad a bit of common sense has won at the end of the day on this.

All,

for those who were there you may remember a southend fan benig taken out the ground when we made it 2-1. that was me. somehow i made my way beyond the advertising boarding onto the area around the pitch.
i was arrested...

i got taken to carlisle police station, were i had my dna, finger prints & photo taken. before i was released on bail...

by this time i had missed my train home, with the next train being the following day. i made my way to newcastle train station, & newcastle airport. i managed to contact shrimper_apes & family who were staying in a nearby hotel. they kindly paid for me to get a flight home the following day with them, as i had no money on me...

due to me having no previous criminal record & being a good character i avoided a three year football banning order.

p.s. thanks again to Jackie, Tony & April Smith for getting me home that weekend, i will always be grateful...

ian.
Totally daft,best of luck fella

All,

i was arrested...

ian.

How Hefty?

Glad things haven't worked out too badly on the whole, and good to see that Southend fans can and do help each other out in awkward situations.

well done Ian.

Remember another southend fella a few years back getting a three year ban for this (CB), havent seen him for a while since

Back