• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

C2C Advance Warning

Shrimp_Stu

Coach
Just perusing the C2C website and noticed this, great news for those east of Laindon!
Link

Monday 25 December 2006 - Monday 1 January 2007 inclusive

A major programme to replace the original overhead line equipment between Laindon/Stanford-l3e-Hope and Shoburyness will be carried out during the Christmas/New year period.
This means that, in addition to the Christmas shut down of services on 25 and 26 December, there will be no train service east of Laindon or Stanford-le-Hope Wednesday 27 December - Monday 1 January inclusive.

A special rail service will run on those dates between Fenchurch Street and Laindon, Grays, and Stanford-le-Hope via Ockendon. Buses will run between Laindon and Shoeburyness, and between Stanford-le-Hope and Pitsea.

The latter will be extended to Southend Central at peak times on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 27-29 December.

Normal services will resume on Tuesday 2 January 2007.

Full details of the special rail timetable and of the replacement bus services will be posted here and available in printed form at the beginning of December.

**UPDATE***

Dear Shrimp_Stu,

Thank you for your email.

I do apologise for the disruption and inconvenience that the engineering works will cause to your journey but I'm sure you can understand that maintenance has to be carried out on the line, and Network Rail have felt this can be done with the minimum of disruption to passengers over the holiday period.

Unfortunately the season ticket that you hold is not valid for use on any other route and at this point there are no agreement with 'one' to allow our passengers to travel on their services during this period.

If you have any further comments or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Sincerely

Serena Wing
Customer Relations Advisor

Glad I'm on holiday during that time!!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Sep. 28 2006,13:02)]Jeez that will be fun ! especially as I contractually forbidden to take holiday During November , December and January.
That's unfortunate.

My contract actually STATES that I HAVE to take 3 days off between Christmas and New Year and it doesn't come out of my holiday entitlement. And we get given a turkey - size of our preference. Very old school!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Sep. 28 2006,13:02)]Jeez that will be fun ! especially as I contractually forbidden to take holiday During November , December and January.
Are you a department store Santa?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Missy @ Sep. 28 2006,13:08)]
[b said:
That's unfortunate.

My contract actually STATES that I HAVE to take 3 days off between Christmas and New Year and it doesn't come out of my holiday entitlement. And we get given a turkey - size of our preference. Very old school!!
Same here, but they are Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Years Day.
sad.gif
down.gif
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp_Stu @ Sep. 28 2006,12:45)][Unfortunately the season ticket that you hold is not valid for use on any other route and at this point there are no agreement with 'one' to allow our passengers to travel on their services during this period.
Well done One !!!! It's bad enough being forced to stop at Wickford every day
laugh.gif

****UPDATE***
With regard to the impending disruption between Christmas & New Year, from the c2c website:

Valid c2c Season Tickets will be accepted on ’one’ Railway services between Southend Victoria, Rayleigh and Liverpool Street services.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp_Stu @ Oct. 31 2006,10:58)]****UPDATE***
With regard to the impending disruption between Christmas & New Year, from the c2c website:

Valid c2c Season Tickets will be accepted on ’one’ Railway services between Southend Victoria, Rayleigh and Liverpool Street services.
Living two minutes walk from Benfleet station this is scant consolation.

Im driving.. funily enough the extra spaces in my car where hoovered up in no time!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Missy @ Sep. 28 2006,13:08)]
[b said:
That's unfortunate.

I hope you enjoy your 7 foot tall turkey this Christmas.

[b said:

Ta for that - will have to drive to Rayleigh, and jump on the 1980's trains to Liverpool Street...

[b said:

yay, One trains... we all get to sit on seats that were desigend for four foot tall people!

The consolation i suppose for me is that i get on the central line from bank usually, so at least its not such a walk at London end, but i only live 5 mins walk from Southend East, gonna have to take long old walk to Vic now!

And 'One' trains have those funky 1980's spoilers on the front as well.. Its only a matter of time before great big exhaust pipes are stuck on the back

Back