• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
The ever reliable Evening Echo is reporting the C2C line is ****ed because a tree has fallen across the line. Normal service not expected until 9pm.

Update from C2C site:

Due to damage to overhead power lines in the West Ham area caused by a fallen tree, c2c train services are subject to delay and disruption for the remainder of the day.

As a consequence, we regret that London Fenchurch Street station will close following the 1530 mainline departure to Shoeburyness so all customers are advised to go to London Liverpool Street if planning to travel with c2c after 1530.

A revised c2c timetable will be in operation, details of which are as follows:

* There will be 6 trains per hour running from London Liverpool Street (at 10 minute intervals)
* 4 of these will go via the mainline to Southend and Shoeburyness
* The other 2 will run to Pitsea via Rainham
* These will be supplemented by up to 4 trains per hour starting from Barking which will run via the mainline to Southend and Shoeburyness and also to Grays via Rainham and Ockendon

****!

Last edited:
Fenchurch street tonight

Tree down between east ham and limehouse so the station is closed and was told to go to Liverpool street. That's in a mess too though. So good luck all!

Oh I am so glad I don't work in the smoke anymore.

Best of luck to all of you.

http://www.c2c-online.co.uk/damage_to_overhead_wires_at_west_ham

image.jpg

fortunately someone is having leaving drinks tonight.. a good excuse to stay as long as possible if you ask me!

To be fair, C2C is one of the best lines in the country for being on time. One of those things i guess!

B*st*rd C2C line! Because they nicked our platforms at Liv St last night my train to Prittlewell was cancelled and i missed eggheads!

B*st*rd C2C line! Because they nicked our platforms at Liv St last night my train to Prittlewell was cancelled and i missed eggheads!

Don't fret mate, it wasn't on because of the golf.

Ended up going round the loop with another SUFC fan and SZ lurker, if you're reading sign up you bugger.

Shocking - I found out about this at 5.30pm. I had a works summer party - Bingo I thought... not so Bingo when I rolled up drunk to Fenchurch and the station was closed telling commuters to go to Liv St or get the district line to Barking. So I pitched up at Barking where no staff were working, there are 8 blooming platforms and the train that is to depart for the southend direction according to signage on the platform was not actually that train on platform 4 it was one on platform 7... 100 manic commuters sprinting to platform 7 as someone on a tanoy (an invisible man - literally no one was working at Barking) announced that it was departing and as the person in 1st place in the sprint (i was 3rd) reached the top of the hill up to platform 7 the train pulls away cue for lots of ***** and *****, mass expletives. Disappointing. Only the train drivers coming through Barking were informing us what was going on but were still getting lots of flak. This follows on from Monday morning where my 35 minutes commute took 1 hr 45 mins because of overhead power supply failure. Back to the good old days of C2C!!

Back