• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

C2C fare rises

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Did anyone else notice 25% better service this morning?

Outrageous.

Last edited:
Maybe the increase is to pay for the super film coating on the window that blocks telephone signals.

Whatever happened to that? I had some Doris on her mobile talking her mate through the NYE plans on the way home on Wednesday.

its ridiculous! would like to know how they can justify a 25% hike in the prices! costs far too much to get to work as it is!!

i wish for a boat service that goes from Southend Pier to Embankment!

I would also like to ask how they can justify charging peak rates for a saturday service?

It now costs me over £2900 PA to get to Canary Wharf.
which station do you travel from? and how do you get in and what ticket do you get?

i usually buy a daily return to Zone 2 as it was cheaper than a monthly, or i get a monthly but just to limehouse and chance it on the DLR, but the DLR fines now £50 so dont fancy it anymore! does your ticket cover DLR or do you oyster it? or chance it?

which station do you travel from? and how do you get in and what ticket do you get?

i usually buy a daily return to Zone 2 as it was cheaper than a monthly, or i get a monthly but just to limehouse and chance it on the DLR, but the DLR fines now £50 so dont fancy it anymore! does your ticket cover DLR or do you oyster it? or chance it?

I buy daily returns from Benfleet.

The return to zone 2 has gone up from £10.60 to £13.10.

I buy daily returns from Benfleet.

The return to zone 2 has gone up from £10.60 to £13.10.

yea i do that from chalkwell and been hit with exactly the same rise! such a b!tch! really gonna feel that difference!

Maybe the increase is to pay for the super film coating on the window that blocks telephone signals.

Whatever happened to that? I had some Doris on her mobile talking her mate through the NYE plans on the way home on Wednesday.

According to those leaflets they leave on the seats every month, the re-vamped Quiet Zones will be implemented in January . They are updating the posters as well as having special messages over the tannoy for the QZ sections (which should really help with the peace and quiet)
If they are supressing phone signals, I expect the first weeks to be noisier than ever with people moaning out loud that they can't get a signal or trying to shout down the phone !

According to those leaflets they leave on the seats every month, the re-vamped Quiet Zones will be implemented in January . They are updating the posters as well as having special messages over the tannoy for the QZ sections (which should really help with the peace and quiet)
If they are supressing phone signals, I expect the first weeks to be noisier than ever with people moaning out loud that they can't get a signal or trying to shout down the phone !

Thanks for that. Can't come quick enough.

Back