• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

C2C

biggrin.gif

In true Meldrew style I penned the following e-mail to C2C, three of my councillors, Bob spink MP (Who has already replied!) and Essex News,

Dear Sir/Madam,
                          Yesterday I left my coat on the 17:09 from Limehouse to Shoeburyness and reported the matter immediateley to the counter staff at Benfleet station. The clerk took my number and said he would call me when the train had been searched at Shoeburyness.
Wouldn't it have been easier to ring the next station at Leigh and have the guard remove it? Unfortuantely as a customer I have no access, like we used to, to be able to ring individual stations direct, and the clerk said it would have to wait until it got to Shoeburyness.
The expected phone call did not happen. I rang c2c "customer services" and spoke to a lady who found it very difficult to understand my London accent but she passed me on to "c2c rail enquiries" where another lady, equally having to ask me to repeat things and spell them out didn't help much either. None of them understood about the problem I was having with regards to waiting for a phone call from Benfleet station. Each of them in turn gave me a number to contact. "Rail enquiries" gave me "customer services" who in turn told me to call "rail enquiries".
Eventually, another lady who found it difficult to understand english let alone, London accents, gave me the lost property
department, which was closed.
I wandered back to Benfleet and had to remind the clerk whom I had spoken to earlier who I was, who turned to an equally apathetic colleague and had to remind her if she had phoned Shoeburyness regarding my problem. When she remembered she said-nothing was found.
So I am now ready to file a "Theft from Finding" incident of which of course no doubt you will be able to help with regards to the CCTV on all trains and stations which we, the customers, paid for in order to give us that security that crime can be dealt
with.
This lack of communication and breakdown in customer relations is, i'm sure you will say, a situation that is not acceptable and not the usual manner in which C2C conduct themselves.
Unfortuanately where I am concerned it seems to be the normal practice.
Some weeks ago I applied for a refund due to sickness at work covering three weeks. To my mind that equates to c.£150 less administration fees probably. Imagine my surprise when I received £30. I enquired about this in writing and after receiving no reply enquired on the phone, where I was told I would recieve information. Which of course has never arrived.

May I propose a return to the phones at our local stations, this makes for good local customer relations, and in cases of
emergencies a very prudent idea?
The indian call centres are useless and no doubt run at the risk of local jobs.

As far as the service with regards to customer service on C2C, I use the oft quoted phrase employed by many station staff, I
have no idea.

I should be thankful that the trains get me to work, albeit some trains have been reduced or taken out of service and let's cross
our fingers it doesn't rain or get windy  but £2k a year? money well spent?

Yours Faithfully

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Sep. 24 2004,14:49)]I found a new coat last night on the train and it fits perfectly.
What finds have you come across on the train?
If you need a pair of trousers as well I can suggest Imperial Cancer Research, Help the aged, Scope or Barnados.

Unfortunately I have never found anything of value on a train but if I did I would hand it in to the police.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ Sep. 24 2004,15:41)]...and a set of home photos of a bird entertaining a dildo
Surely he should be sharing?

Was said bird fit?

I once found a half drunk can of Tennents Super. It was a bit warm, but did the job all the same.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Sep. 24 2004,16:02)]I once found a half drunk can of Tennents Super. It was a bit warm, but did the job all the same.
Oi that was mine, i had only gone to the toilet for a quick wee! tut tut

mad.gif

17.09 from limey..??!! are you fking mad.. just wait for the 17.19 fast to benfleet.. avoid all the scummers from barking laindon n basildon and get in about 3 minutes after the .09..
lost your coat? your lucky you didnt get a breadknife in your spleen..
better bet is a pacy 3 pinter in the fine line.. on the dlr busting for a ****.. get the 17.34 into fen street have apiss on that.. then get one of those extra legroom old person/spaz seats and crash out.. this becomes the 17.45 fast train.. by a friday you wont wake up till chalkwell

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Sep. 24 2004,16:13)]17.09 from limey..??!!  are you fking mad..  just wait for the 17.19 fast to benfleet..  avoid all the scummers from barking laindon n basildon and get in about 3 minutes after the .09..
lost your coat?  your lucky you didnt get a breadknife in your spleen..
better bet is a pacy 3 pinter in the fine line.. on the dlr busting for a ****.. get the 17.34 into fen street  have apiss on that.. then get one of those extra legroom old person/spaz seats and crash out.. this becomes the 17.45 fast train..  by a friday you wont wake up till chalkwell
Yes I do get the Benfleet Express from time to time but its a a close shave with the bus I also have to get.

Tonight I will be swigging many double half pints in a pintglass at Canary Dwarf and I will probably wake up at Shoeburyness anyway, and be reunited with my coat
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Sep. 24 2004,14:49)]I found a new coat last night on the train and it fits perfectly.
What finds have you come across on the train?
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>If it was a Denim CK coat, It&#39;s mine.
sad.gif
</span>

If it was a green Lord Anthony parka with Mess with the best, die like the rest written on the back in black marker pen then it&#39;s mine.

Hey. that&#39;s mine.

I&#39;ll get my coat.

Oh, no I left that on the train.

Taxi&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Sep. 24 2004,15:13)]17.09 from limey..??!!  are you fking mad..  just wait for the 17.19 fast to benfleet..  avoid all the scummers from barking laindon n basildon and get in about 3 minutes after the .09..
lost your coat?  your lucky you didnt get a breadknife in your spleen..
better bet is a pacy 3 pinter in the fine line.. on the dlr busting for a ****.. get the 17.34 into fen street  have apiss on that.. then get one of those extra legroom old person/spaz seats and crash out.. this becomes the 17.45 fast train..  by a friday you wont wake up till chalkwell
where you from?

wickford.. where do i live..? westcliff..or chalkwell hall if u want to make it sound posh

Never found anything of value on the train, but got a smutty reply today to why my 7.30 from benfleet to Fenny in the morning (along with others) has been reduced to 8 carriages, yet my fares have gone up by 4%, it read....

27/Sep/2004

Dear Mr Raffaelli

Thank you for contacting us.

I was sorry to learn of your concerns regarding the recent amendments to the
timetable.
These changes have been made in agreement with the Strategic Rail Authority (SRA). The trains released as a result of these changes will enable the SRA to provide much needed capacity on a route between Northampton and Birmingham. We do appreciate however that this is of little comfort to c2c passengers.

In assessing crowding on trains we use guidelines laid down by the SRA and I can assure you that even with these changes the train capacity we are providing in the peak period is well within the SRA guidelines.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Please be assured of our commitment to providing our customers with the best possible service.

Yours sincerely

Helen Wilson
Customer Services Assistant

Cough*Bullsh&amp;t*Cough

Dave

I was on the 8:15 from Benfleet this morning and it was standing room only.

By the time we had been through Pitsea, Basildon and Laindon we were packed like sardines in a tin can.

Surely C2C should reconsider its current policy of carriage reductions because you can&#39;t expect people to travel for 45 mins in these conditions in such close proximity to chavs, coat thieves etc.

Back