• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cabinet reshuffle

Pubey

Lansley is out as Health Minister. Hopefully good news, but will wait and see.

Ken Clarke has also been replaced as justice secretary.

It won't make any difference. Cameron should have given the Lib Dems their own departments and removed them from everywhere else. Give them Justice, Health, Culture and International Development. They could do what they liked there on the basis that they would vote through government business in all other departments.

That would end the paralysis where both sides measured success by how many proposals they blocked.

It won't make any difference. Cameron should have given the Lib Dems their own departments and removed them from everywhere else. Give them Justice, Health, Culture and International Development. They could do what they liked there on the basis that they would vote through government business in all other departments.

That would end the paralysis where both sides measured success by how many proposals they blocked.

Thanks for making your political sympathies so clear(not I imagine that anyone was in any doubt about them).:smiles:

You sure about Justice? Wouldn't their bleeding hearts have made that a very weak department?

Grayling's got a bit of form for a new Justice Minister.

"What makes Grayling so bad for justice? Where do we start? Firstly, his record on equality. In 2010, as shadow home secretary, he was forced to apologise after backing the right of B&B owners to turn away gay couples. Then there's his creative approach to parliamentary expenses. Despite having a home within easy commuting distance in his constituency of Epsom and Ewell, and two buy-to-let properties in Wimbledon, he used taxpayer-funded loans to buy a flat near parliament. All perfectly legal, but still.."

Pass notes No 3,241: Chris Grayling http://gu.com/p/3a7h7/tw via @guardian

Grayling's got a bit of form for a new Justice Minister.

"What makes Grayling so bad for justice? Where do we start? Firstly, his record on equality. In 2010, as shadow home secretary, he was forced to apologise after backing the right of B&B owners to turn away gay couples. Then there's his creative approach to parliamentary expenses. Despite having a home within easy commuting distance in his constituency of Epsom and Ewell, and two buy-to-let properties in Wimbledon, he used taxpayer-funded loans to buy a flat near parliament. All perfectly legal, but still.."

oooh was that from the Guardian?

You might have to re-think that by 2015.

Ummm no. I'd vote for Hitler before I vote for Miliband. The guy is the biggest, goggle eyed prat I've ever seen in parliament, and the sole reason that Labour will lose the next election.

Ummm no. I'd vote for Hitler before I vote for Miliband. The guy is the biggest, goggle eyed prat I've ever seen in parliament, and the sole reason that Labour will lose the next election.

I think you might have to get used to having him around longer than you think(whether you personally vote for him or not).There's an old axiom in politics that opposition parties don't win elections,Governments lose them.That's what will happen in 2015.No way the Tories will win an absolute majority after failing to deliver on growth.

You really shouldn't make crass,ignorant and downright stupid remarks comparing Miliband and Hitler.
FYI, Miliband's mother is a holocaust survivor(she's Polish)and his father(a noted Marxist writer who also happened to be Jewish)fled the Nazis to settle in Britain in 1940.

Last edited:
Back