• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Behind The Scenes Callum Powell Instagram and Twitter

Looking forward to see how Noor does next season,looked good when he first came,But his form dropped at the back end of the season.just hope he starts the season well and carries that all season.
Difficult to tell. He was injured at the back end of the season and then was lined up for international duty during the close season. So he may be up for it, or totally knackered. We shall see.

Difficult to tell. He was injured at the back end of the season and then was lined up for international duty during the close season. So he may be up for it, or totally knackered. We shall see.
He has played four games for Afghanistan this month, played two full games and subbed off after 85 minutes and 45 minutes in the other two. I would expect he could miss the first week of pre-season to give him a short break. Not ideal, but jumping straight into pre-season after several international fixtures is not ideal either.

Don't like these sort of videos,Anyone can make them self's look good on a video clip,Don't get me wrong, I like powell as a player,but rather have someone who proves how good he's on the pitch and let's his football do the talking.
I Know what you mean! My mate often films my golf swing for me!
I know I'm up there with Tiger but he makes me look ****!

All well and good lovely fella heart of a lion trains his bolloxs off and gives his all for the club, I’ll give him massive respect for that … is he good enough ? NO….
Not so far, but I’m with some others on this thread in that I think he’ll be much improved next season and could be a useful weapon for us in terms of his pace and energy. A full pre season and some top drawer coaching could just do the trick. I think he’s got goals up his sleeve too.

Not so far, but I’m with some others on this thread in that I think he’ll be much improved next season and could be a useful weapon for us in terms of his pace and energy. A full pre season and some top drawer coaching could just do the trick. I think he’s got goals up his sleeve too.
I would rather he had goals in his boots. Otherwise any goals would off the cuff and probably hand ball.:Winking:

Don't like these sort of videos,Anyone can make them self's look good on a video clip,Don't get me wrong, I like powell as a player,but rather have someone who proves how good he's on the pitch and let's his football do the talking.
Well hes doing the video for that exact reason lol

We won’t know if he has the ability until the season starts and we see how he plays across it.

What these videos do show is that he is dedicated to pushing himself and improving and hats off to him for the effort.

From what I’ve seen of Powell if he can stop with the head down and going for goal everytime he has the ball, if he learns to look up and if it’s a unattainable angle for a shot, go for the pass he would be an exceptional player.

He’s going to have a full pre season with us and it’s full time rather than the part time he had at Kettering. Fingers crossed he is a real nuisance for defences and gets goals and assists galore.

Great to see players working like this during the summer months. Glad to see him working on his shooting but he looks like he struggles to get his shots off the floor a lot of the time. Would love to see him mixing it up a bit with some going too corner too. A lot of the go across the keeper. But as I say it’s great to see him working so hard to improve and come back in his best shape

Well he's certainly full of himself. Lets hope that translates to some real goals on the pitch.

On what basis are you saying that? Because he's posting these videos?
"My goals are beyond your understanding" is a fairly full of yourself statement id say.

Nothing wrong with confidence and a bit of arrogance, most top sportsmen have those qualities, as i said you just need to back it up in the real world, and i hope he does.

"My goals are beyond your understanding" is a fairly full of yourself statement id say.

Nothing wrong with confidence and a bit of arrogance, most top sportsmen have those qualities, as i said you just need to back it up in the real world, and i hope he does.
I think you're reading what you want to read into it. In reality, I don't think it's arrogant at all. All I think I think it says is that he is hardworking, ambitious, sets unbelievably lofty standards and benchmarks for himself, will strive to reach them and is extra hard on himself if he doesn't. I don't see a single thing wrong with that sentiment.

If he had said "my skill is beyond your understanding" or "my achievements are beyond your understanding" then you might have had a point.

Last edited:
Back