• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Behind The Scenes Callum Powell Instagram and Twitter

"My goals are beyond your understanding" is a fairly full of yourself statement id say.

Nothing wrong with confidence and a bit of arrogance, most top sportsmen have those qualities, as i said you just need to back it up in the real world, and i hope he does.
It isn't. It's something that inspires him and something I think he uses to spur him on. What's wrong with that? All people want to do these days is take stuff at face value and use it against people. Never been such a judgy era than this.

Last edited:
It isn't. It's something that inspires him and something I think he uses to spur him on. What's wring with that? All people want to do these days is take stuff at face value and use it against people. Never been such a judgy era than this.
Maybe still having night mare's about his miss at barnet,And trying to make sure it doesn't happen again

"My goals are beyond your understanding" is a fairly full of yourself statement id say.

Nothing wrong with confidence and a bit of arrogance, most top sportsmen have those qualities, as i said you just need to back it up in the real world, and i hope he does.
It's a quote/meme from US hit TV show The Flash.

If N. Rangers have his attitude, he would be playing in Premiership or Championship by now.

Beginning to regret having given up his away sponsorship now - he is a really nice fella, took banter with us in good part at the sponsors evening. We wanted a home shirt though and his wasn't available.

Showing the right attitude here - arrogance? No, I don't think so, it's positive affirmation. Viva Callum Powell!

It isn't. It's something that inspires him and something I think he uses to spur him on. What's wrong with that? All people want to do these days is take stuff at face value and use it against people. Never been such a judgy era than this.
I never said there was anything wrong with it, and i wasnt using anything against him. As i said in my post, just about every top sportsmen has supreme confidence and a touch of arrogance, even if they dont always show it publicly.

‘Professional sportsman trains during off season’ shock, horror. Three pages of comments… I think that in itself is more of a worry. Get a grip people, pre season will soon be here and you can moan about a) lack of signings, b) the wing signings, c) Ron or d) why didn’t the do more training in the off season…

Well he's certainly full of himself. Lets hope that translates to some real goals on the pitch.
That's not my interpretation. My interpretation is that he's showing how hard he's working to be the best he can be.

I think it's also worth pointing out that he's probably not the only footballer working his arse off during the summer. I suspect the rest of the squad are doing pretty much the same thing, it's just they're not putting it on social media.

If Forumla One and Sunderland can get their own Netflix documentaries then there is no reason why Callum Powell can't.

He is certainly building up quite a bit of material...

Back