• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Calm down dear.............

RetroBlue

Schoolboy
i think everyone here should calm down, all this talk of relegation is nonsence. tbh i though we were the better team last night apart from the defence, we were always on the attack with nice speedy breakaways. They had 11 men behind the balll alot of the time anyway ffs! Very impressed by the likes of betsy and sawyer, so chin up lads its only just begun, and when macca returns you'll see the difference!!

i think everyone here should calm down, all this talk of relegation is nonsence. tbh i though we were the better team last night apart from the defence, we were always on the attack with nice speedy breakaways. They had 11 men behind the balll alot of the time anyway ffs! Very impressed by the likes of betsy and sawyer, so chin up lads its only just begun, and when macca returns you'll see the difference!!

WTF? Good going forward? Apart from Sawyers two moments of class, their keeper had nothing to do, no crosses going. Look at Ortienrs second goals, first time whipped cross by Melligan and 3 or 4 players attackign the ball, one of whom scored. How often do u see that from us? Betsy has no end product, I dont think HRK has a clue where he is playing, Barney is dropping too deep and Walker has the finishing power of an asthmatic ant with some haeavy shopping (quote blackadder). Everytime Orient attacked they looked like scoring.

And pleae can everyone keep stop painting Macca as some kind of saviour. He will need games to get back to fitness and the players he is playing alongside are far inferior to that he is used to. He is a not a one man machine going to pull us out of the mire. Not to mention the odds on him getting a suspension before xmas are pretty high.

Yes, we are going through a sticky patch at the moment but as we showed last season, with the same defence (Mulgrew & Flavs exc) we are capable of putting together a run. Confidence plays a large factor in performances on the pitch and getting on players backs 3/4 games into the season isn't doing anyone any good.

Yesterday I spent some time going back to the end of this forum and reading some posts from the summer of '04, where Tilly had just saved us from relegation from the football league. Everyone then was moaning about Constantine leaving, etc, and tipping us for relegation the following season. What happens 2 months into the season? We sign a striker from outside the league, a certain Mr Eastwood, and the rest, as they say, is history.

All I'm trying to say is, lets not get ahead of ourselves, we were on the verge of dropping out of the league 4 years ago, we are now doing amazingly well by Southend United standards, we are not a Championship team and won't be until we have had a couple of seasons at Fossett's.

The glass is currently half full, not half empty.

Up the Blues!

Back