• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harold Bishop Killer

Got bummed around Aus
winnerDM_468x700.jpg

Think everyone just needs to take a deep breath and count to ten.

Yes the events of the last 24 hours or so are not great. But many on here will remember the dark, dark days. In comparision a small grey cloud over the sun that shines upon us these days! It is early doors yet - this is football, players come and go and if what Ron is true do we really want them playing for us when they are holding us to ransom? We do not know all the facts, and I doubt we ever will. Lets just see what the next week unfolds before people start refunding season tickets or supporting Colchester!!! I have full faith in everything Tilson, Brush and Ron do for this club. without them we would not be in the great position we are now. This decision would not of been taken likely. Yes many players have been let go and are transfer listed this season but will this mean in 3 seasons time we will playing Forest Green in front of 800 people at FF? No. Of course not. I will not be panicking until at least end of July. And by then I am sure we will all be looking foward to another great season with a great team, a great management duo and a great chairman who has never done anything to persuade me otherwise that he does everything in the best interest of this club!

UP THE BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOUTHEND FORVER!!!!!!

bang on ..... i think its just negotiations but not a good idea to do it in public on the club website .....

not least cos it undermines confidence in the club

Actually I don't think that we should calm down too much.

There are only so many times we can compare the club to the past "well it could be worse we could be in the pits of L2". Yes of course it could be worse, there is always someone worse off.

However, we have had a great few years and people are calling this the golden era. That doesn't mean we should be grateful for the league we are in and settle our expectations at this level and think oh well at least we are not in the conference. This club is movig forward and with a new 22,000 seater ground on the horizon it means that we should be pushing the limits in every way. The news of the last few days is devastating and if we can't fill the voids that these players may leave then I think we are in for a very difficult season next year.

bang on ..... i think its just negotiations but not a good idea to do it in public on the club website .....

not least cos it undermines confidence in the club

If you put players on the transfer list it will soon be reported by SKy and BBC.

So better to report it first, with the reasons, on your own site.

Back