• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick's Ref Watch threads are the most informative threads on this site.

If people feel the need to pick holes or reduce them to "black or white" trivialities we will close the threads as soon as Mick posts them and stop all comments.

How one's memory can play tricks with one !
Well put!
Mick's prematch threads are informative and well written - he has never asked to be 'untouchable' however and it's a bit odd that the fact one person questioned one part of his post has created such a reaction. Lomas pointed one thing out 'in his opinion' - any hysteria that has followed seems to have come from those who think there are loony PC types rather than from any actual loony PC types.

I have to say Mick, that's well edited and really made me laugh

This is hard work. I didn't "edit" those comments they are actually what I put in previous refwatch threads and for every example quoted there are dozens more.

Rather than made you laugh, I would have thought you'd be embarrassed by it. Hey ho.

I started the thread with Season's Greetings to All, perhaps I can end it that way too?

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for 2015.

Ken ?

Maybe Mick ought to be allowed to moderate his own threads, and delete anything other than people saying "thank you"! :winking:

Maybe Mick ought to be allowed to moderate his own threads, and delete anything other than people saying "thank you"! :winking:

How boring would that be? Always happy and able to debate issues, be it with the loony left, the rabid right or any other faction! However, given a choice, I would prefer debate on these threads to centre round football in general and refereeing in particular.

On the plus side, a thousand viewings on a refwatch thread before kick-off is a record by a country mile!

I don't know Mick but have always found his Ref Watch very interesting and informative and I thank him for the time and trouble he takes to research and post them.

I can't believe the comments that have been made on here about his post when he was merely being descriptive. Is he allowed to inform us if the ref is a winker? :winking: Am I allowed to tell you that Phil Brown entered the UK Tanning competition and got bronze? :smile:

Happy New Year everyone.

Ref was excellent today. Used good advantages. Didn't fall for appiah and his diving. Let the game be played as it should be. Very few free kicks in truth and a great game in the second half.

Ref was excellent today. Used good advantages. Didn't fall for appiah and his diving. Let the game be played as it should be. Very few free kicks in truth and a great game in the second half.

Agreed, but how did Prosser escape a booking in the first half, looked a certain yellow..?

Only complaint about the ref was he should have clamped down on Chadwick early on, made 2 iffy tackles and got away Scott free then was constantly in the refs ear about him being "fouled" when he Lost the ball.

agreed - apologies to Mick neither the time or the thread

Only complaint about the ref was he should have clamped down on Chadwick early on, made 2 iffy tackles and got away Scott free then was constantly in the refs ear about him being "fouled" when he Lost the ball.

True but he let the game flow and contributed greatly to our performance by not pandering to Appiah.

I have watched Blues for more than fifty years and have never seen the opposition's 2 main strikers dominated so completely. Great credit to Luke and Bolger (still a few iffy moments) for forcing them both to be substituted at HT.

Keep 'em coming Mick.

True but he let the game flow and contributed greatly to our performance by not pandering to Appiah.

I have watched Blues for more than fifty years and have never seen the opposition's 2 main strikers dominated so completely. Great credit to Luke and Bolger (still a few iffy moments) for forcing them both to be substituted at HT.

Keep 'em coming Mick.

Think Appiah went off at HT due to an injury but (mainly for the Prosser and Bolger bashers amongst our fans) their manager said "Southend defended resolutely and I'd suggest their two centre-halves are as good as you'll see in this league."

Back