• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cambridge postponed game

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
I understood we were under investigation by the EFL to explain why we postponed this game at short notice.Have I missed the result of the investigation or has it not happened yet.

I understood we were under investigation by the EFL to explain why we postponed this game at short notice.Have I missed the result of the investigation or has it not happened yet.

Don’t think it has happened yet. Grimsby just been fined for their outbreak and postponements previously. They were some time before us, so it’s coming ?

The EFL has made the same investigation announcement after every game that has been called off due to Covid, nothing to do with short notice unless I’ve missed nothing. Considering the amount of games they have to ‘investigate’ I can’t imagine the repercussions (if there even are any) being too serious.

Don’t think it has happened yet. Grimsby just been fined for their outbreak and postponements previously. They were some time before us, so it’s coming ?

Bit more to it than that. They have been fined for not following protocols, which meant more players were infected than should have been.

Bit more to it than that. They have been fined for not following protocols, which meant more players were infected than should have been.
Quite you would imagine the numpties at the EFL would, and should, be particularly exercised about clubs potentially playing with infected players whether by design or incompetence. Not those displaying caution and trying to follow the rules and putting safety first.

By insisting on looking at circumstances AFTER the event rather than prior, and giving go ahead to not play or instruction to play as the Prem do, and given the number of games cancelled and subject to retrospective review, it is extraordinarily unlikely that any clubs will face penalties.

It was Ian Holloway’s idea for team bonding looks like it didn’t work to well.

The word investigation has a very broad range of meaning.
Does the EFL just want a precise club statement and doctor note to verify? That is an investigation, small.
Or will it seek to look at all the players, staff, facilities, comings and goings, timings, rules, cross check samples, question people?

I doubt they will do more than read the scenario and accept the cancellation was genuine.

It was Ian Holloway’s idea for team bonding looks like it didn’t work to well.

After Greg Halford scored against Grimsby, he mentioned that Holloway wanted to sign him at Grimsby, but he asked him to 'prove his worth' by doing 'something'.
Halford refused, but wouldn't say what the task was.
Maybe he was asked to score 3 Bulls eyes to prove he could still focus??.

The EFL would appear to have set the standard now for a punishment of a club who's players broke Covid-19 rules.

A reasonably small suspended fine (not paid if the club doesn't transgress again), no poiint deduction, payment to the EFL for the cost of the investigation, and reimbursement of other clubs losses if there were any.

I'll be interested to see what punishment they'll dole out to us if they feel that we've broken their rules somehow. They'll probably relegate us to the 8th tier, place us under a 5 year, 13 player embargo, and fine us £1million, payable within 24 hours.

The EFL would appear to have set the standard now for a punishment of a club who's players broke Covid-19 rules.

A reasonably small suspended fine (not paid if the club doesn't transgress again), no poiint deduction, payment to the EFL for the cost of the investigation, and reimbursement of other clubs losses if there were any.

I'll be interested to see what punishment they'll dole out to us if they feel that we've broken their rules somehow. They'll probably relegate us to the 8th tier, place us under a 5 year, 13 player embargo, and fine us £1million, payable within 24 hours.

The issue with us won't be that we broke the Covid rules (we appeared to have contained our outbreak very well) but that we were unwilling/unable to play. I think the Bolton punishment would be more the precedent than the Grimsby one.

But the punishment is relative to the charge, so the punishment won't necessarily be the same in all cases. For example, if it turns out that Boots and Laces was used as a massage parlour for some post training relief by some very well trained young ladies and every player was required to participate then the charge would be greater and so would the punishment.

(For clarity, and before anyone thinks I have some kind of inside knowledge, I made that up...which probably says a lot about my mental state at the moment!)

But the punishment is relative to the charge, so the punishment won't necessarily be the same in all cases. For example, if it turns out that Boots and Laces was used as a massage parlour for some post training relief by some very well trained young ladies and every player was required to participate then the charge would be greater and so would the punishment.

(For clarity, and before anyone thinks I have some kind of inside knowledge, I made that up...which probably says a lot about my mental state at the moment!)
Would explain the upturn in form

Would explain the upturn in form
[/QUOTE

I did mention MM looked more passionate at the last game ?

The word investigation has a very broad range of meaning.
Does the EFL just want a precise club statement and doctor note to verify? That is an investigation, small.
Or will it seek to look at all the players, staff, facilities, comings and goings, timings, rules, cross check samples, question people?

I doubt they will do more than read the scenario and accept the cancellation was genuine.
There was never a chance of cancellation.Playing Tuesday.Theres only been one cancellation that I know of:Orient v Spurs,Caribao Cup.

This raises an interesting question, joking aside. Close personal care is not allowed in most cases at the moment, is there an exception for this within elite sport?

Good point. What amount of laying on of hands is allowed. If I have a thigh strain, am I allowed to have my physio massage it; what if I really enjoy it? :Smile:

Back